    thing of measureup. Are the tests realistic, are they what i should expect
    to see in the real exam?

    TIA

    Chris Macleod, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Chris Macleod

    James Guest

    I'd like to know as well. The Readiness tests seem very easy for MCDST.

    --
    James Ogden, MCP | A+
    www.techiehq.net

    James, Jun 13, 2006

  3. Chris Macleod

    Jay Guest

    Chris Macleod wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am going both exams on the 21st. I am using the MS academic course books
    > and measureup. Just want to know what people that have taken the exams
    > thing of measureup. Are the tests realistic, are they what i should expect
    > to see in the real exam?
    >

    > TIA

    Measureup offers a <-wide-> spectrum of questions and answers that you
    will encounter on the exam. Remember, that these questions are a
    generalized idea of the exam. So, you should really concentrate on the
    root of the questions, rather then the actual questions.
    Look at the why, how, and what of each question.

    peace,
    Jay
    -MCP-

    Jay, Jun 13, 2006
  4. Chris Macleod

    Villain Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:50:27 -0400, Jay <> wrote:

    >Chris Macleod wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am going both exams on the 21st. I am using the MS academic course books
    >> and measureup. Just want to know what people that have taken the exams
    >> thing of measureup. Are the tests realistic, are they what i should expect
    >> to see in the real exam?
    >>

    >> TIA
    >>

    >Measureup offers a <-wide-> spectrum of questions and answers that you
    >will encounter on the exam. Remember, that these questions are a
    >generalized idea of the exam. So, you should really concentrate on the
    >root of the questions, rather then the actual questions.
    >Look at the why, how, and what of each question.
    >
    >peace,
    >Jay
    >-MCP-

    I just took the 70-271 test yesterday, and used the MS Press/MeasureUP
    kit exclusively. The questions that the MeasureUP practice tests ask
    are definately good. However, you do have to watch out for some
    mistakes that they made.

    Fortunately for me, two of the questions that I was asked on the real
    test were similar to a couple of the mistakes I found in the practice
    tests, so I had prepared for them rather well. Other than that, the
    subject matter is pretty close, though there were a few questions that
    the MeasureUP test did not prepare me for.

    The book is good, as well, but I wouldn't be afraid to start poking in
    the Windows Help Files, as well as grabbing a copy of the resource
    kit, if you can. Also, MS/Google/Yahoo searches are very helpful in
    finding information as well.

    Villain, Jun 15, 2006
  5. Hey. What were the mistakes you found within measure up. Please post.
    That info could be extremely useful to people, including myself. Thanks.
    Tom.

    Thomas MacLean, Jun 15, 2006
  6. Chris Macleod

    Villain Guest

    I can't give specific question information, especially because that
    info is copyrighted. However, there was one question dealing with
    video settings, and another in regards to error reporting that stand
    out. I think there was at least one other one, but I can't remember
    it off the top of my head, and I don't feel like trying to wade
    through 300+ questions to try and find it.

    The video question was one where you give it the steps to follow.
    Instead of the correct answer 'start in VGA mode' you have to select
    to start in safe mode.

    The error reporting is pretty self-explanatory when you see it. You're
    told to select the button to use, and the hotspot is placed over the
    wrong button.

    There's also a Remote Desktop question that gives you an image that
    isn't even related to the question.

    Other than that, you'll have to find them. I can't really go back
    through the questions at the moment.

    Villain, Jun 15, 2006
  7. I only get a bank of 150 questions for my 271 measureup practice tests how
    many do you guys get?

    Chris Macleod, Jun 16, 2006
  8. Chris Macleod

    Villain Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:14:48 +0100, "Chris Macleod" <>
    wrote:

    >I only get a bank of 150 questions for my 271 measureup practice tests how
    >many do you guys get?

    I had a bank of 311 for the MCDST section, and 160ish for the
    supporting xp/clients section.

    Villain, Jun 16, 2006
  9. Chris Macleod

    paperhat Guest

    questions from measure up prep you for exam.
    I have found that if you score high in measure up tests , then you will not
    have a problem in the exam, as the format of the questions are much the same.
    --
    paperhat
    MCP, MCDST

    paperhat, Jun 17, 2006
  10. Chris Macleod

    Mark Guest

    I have used MeasureUp extensively in the past year for HIPAA, CompTIA
    Project+, Cisco and Check Point certification exams. I just took 70-271 and
    70-272. These were my first Microsoft tests. I passed CCNA, Network+ and
    I-Net+ in 2000 and have added several other certifications since then but
    never sat for a Microsoft exam. I used MeasureUp's online practice exams on
    Wednesday and was consistently scoring 50% to 60% in certification mode. When
    I took the actual exams at a VUE testing center in Anchorage on Thursday, I
    scored in the high 800's for 70-272 (which I took first) and in the low 800's
    for 70-271. Not bad, considering I stayed up all night Wednesday, caught a
    7am flight from the bush to Anchorage Thursday morning, had a two hour
    business meeting and then took the two exams starting at 12:30pm and
    finishing at 2:30pm.

    As in the past, I found the MeasureUp practice tests had more than 20% of
    virtually identically phrased questions with the same best answer but very
    different choices for the other possible answers. The MeasureUp practice
    tests do a good job of preparing one to face the actual exams provided that
    the practice tests are not used as a shortcut or as a substitute for actual
    experience. I found the explanations provided in study mode for the online
    practice exams were insightful. Overall, I found the choices provided in the
    actual Microsoft exam were easier to sift through than the choices provided
    as possible answers for the MeasureUp practice questions. I left the real
    exams with the distinct feeling that MeasureUp produced a tougher
    certification exam than Microsoft.

    Mark, MCDST

    Mark, Jul 7, 2006
  11. Chris Macleod

    Michael Guest

    I passed the 70-271 today. I used the MeasureUp test I really liked them they
    seemed to be better than the Transcender tests. Any thoughts on this?

    Michael, Jul 8, 2006