    Measureup - $109
    Boson - $129
    Transcender- $149
    Mike Russcher, Nov 15, 2008

  2. Mike Russcher

    Steve Davis Guest

    Hi Mike,
    I've used both Transcender for 70-282 and Measureup for 70-620. I find them
    to be very similar to each other and I feel that both prepared me for the
    corresponding tests equally. I did find two Measureup questions that were
    giving the wrong answers, but I caught them on my first time through. My
    Measure Up practice test had a 302 question engine and came free with my
    Microsoft Press book for 70-620. Check if it's the Measure Up that comes
    with the MS Press for 70-622. If so, buy the book and you essentially get
    your test engine for 50 bucks.

    Steve Davis

    Steve Davis, Nov 15, 2008

  3. The good news is I did get Measureup and found a 25% off discount to go with
    it making it much more worthwhile than the others.

    The bad news is I just completed all 140 questions and only scored a 76%.
    After three weeks of solid studying I expected an 85% or better. Every time
    I feel like I've found all the necessary information that is out there I get
    hit with a boat load more that I need to know. One thing that is for
    certain is that this MCITP is way, way more difficult than the MCTS was.

    Well, I guess I'm all out of options too. Going to review everything I've
    learned up to this point and take the test this Friday. Wish me luck!

    Mike Russcher, Nov 18, 2008
  4. Mike Russcher

    Steve Davis Guest

    If you're concerned about passing, instead of the 25 percent discount, sign
    up for Second Shot. If you fail the first test you get a retake for free.

    Steve Davis, Nov 20, 2008
  5. I don't know why Prometric doesn't let you use more than one voucher, but
    they don't. So I must agree with Steve, if you're concerned with passing,
    use the Second Shot voucher. But for me personally, I'm always concerned
    with the price since I pay for the exam and all study material myself.

    I've taken many exams without the aid of a practice exam and many with them
    (48 certs in all). And of course they do help. But I always thought that you
    should be able to ace the pratice exam before you consider your self ready
    for the real certification exam. My goal is always to ace the real exam, not
    just pass.

    Over the years, I've used Transender, Self Test, Measure Up, and couple more
    that you prabaly haven't herd of. They all do a good job. Although one may
    be slightly better in one area or another. I've noticed that they all have
    problems; Type-os, ambiguous explanations, ect. Being able to detect these
    and figure out what the correct answer is as welll as why each of the other
    answeres are not correct is even more helpful that answering a normal
    question corectly.

    BTW: I always thought of the Measure Up question that come with many of the
    Microsoft Training kits as seconds (leftovers), since Measure Up also sales
    practice exams. The practice exams that they sale, are always of a higher
    quality compared to the free ones that come with the training kits.

    Good luck, but don't rush taking the exam. The goal should be to learn, not
    just collect pieces of paper.
    Harvey Colwell, Nov 20, 2008
  6. Thanks for the input on this. I did end up going with the Second Shot
    voucher since it offered either a free second chance or 25% off my next
    certification. Luckily for me it is going to be the 25% off my next
    certification! I passed with an 838!

    Mike Russcher, Nov 21, 2008
  7. Mike Russcher

    dr3dg3

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2

    Just three weeks? :) Maybe you had wrong picture about requirements and difficulty from the beginning?
    Or maybe it's possible in that time if you are native english speaker and VERY fast reader.. . . maybe mensa member aswell? :p

    I think that something like 3 months would be more realistic but then again, it might be just me.

    So far i have done only MCP tests, nine pieces of them and being MCSE certified.
    In my experience time which was needed varied from 1,5 months to whole year!
    That one which took that long was 70-299 (security) and i was working at the same time which left me too little time to study.
    BTW. i passed right after got unemployed and that was try number three. :D

    Most of other tests i passed with first try especially when i was unemployed at the time and could use all my time for practicing..

    Easiest exams i have took so far were MCDST (Desktop Support Technician) and little surprisingly 70-290 which was about server 2003 itself.

    For 70-270: i studied about 3 months (MCSA)
    70-290: don't remember (MCSA)
    70-271: ~1,5 months (MCDST first exam)
    70-272: ~1,5 months (MCDST second exam) MCDST counts as MCSA elective.
    70-291: ~4 months (MCSA)
    70-299: ~12 months (MCSE, elective)
    70-294: ~5 months (MCSE, core exam)
    70-293: ~5 months (MCSE, core)
    70-297: ~4 months (MCSE, mandatory design exam. 70-298 would have been another choise for design test).

    I had no suitable work experience in background so i really needed to learn this things.
    I remember how hard that 70-291 felt back then. :D I had to read whole book 3 times and do practice tests a lot!
    First time i read the book i couldn't understand very much of that.. . 2nd. time a bit more and so on.

    And for my first exam i needed to learn more english at first.. i remember taking words up and checking them from dictionary! :D

    So it might be possible to someone else to pass this things in just few weeks if having fluent english and decent work experience as administrator in windows networks.
    But for me.. this have been tough school! MCSE took 4,5 years. And certificates are not even appreciated here where i live.. =/

    BTW. I have never used any braindumps and never will.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
    dr3dg3, Jul 22, 2010
  8. Mike Russcher

    Jesica

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    4
    can someone please direct me to the second shot voucher-and how i can qualify for it
    Jesica, Mar 8, 2012
  9. Mike Russcher

    Jesica

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    4
    Also I came across a site www.examcollection.com does anybody know how feasible and reliable this site is for pratice exams and brain dumps.

    I had a very bad experience with Ucertify who also offered pratice tests and it was a disappointment-the calibre questions that are available on Ucertity practise test(kindergarden first grade stuff) and what is in the exam are two different things
    Jesica, Mar 8, 2012
  10. Mike Russcher

    spetka

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    US
    Jesica, I am also contemplating buying the viewer for examcollection.com for $25, or to buy the measure up tests. I have been studying with the borntolearn links, but want to do some practice exams. BTW, here is the link to the second shot vouchers, only have a couple months left.(cant post links yet so you'll have to fix the url ht tp://bsf01.com/Microsoft_Vouchers/SecondShot.aspx
    spetka, Mar 19, 2013
  11. Mike Russcher

    Jesica

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    Messages:
    4
    thanks - I have written the exam in dec and did not need the second shot voucher - thanks for the follow up though
    Jesica, Mar 26, 2013