    to the MeasureUp site but the page looks (almost) as if
    you are still at the Microsoft site...

    Does Microsoft own MeasureUp?

    Maria, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Maria

    bi-ker Guest

    bi-ker, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Maria

    bi-ker Guest

    That's because you still are, the site is:
    http://www.msmeasureup.com/test/home.asp

    "msmeasureup.com" is not the same as "measureup.com". I
    presume they are simply using a service provided by
    MeasureUp for the purpose of doing the skills assement.

    bi-ker, Sep 10, 2003
  4. MeasureUp is one of two MCPTP (Microsoft Certified Practice Test Provider:
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/prepare/practicetests.asp ),
    which gives practice test companies advertising exposure and the Microsoft
    recommendation seal - great for sales.

    The other company is SelfTest Software:
    http://www.stsware.com

    Learn how the MCPTP program was created here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/1999/sept99/qualitypr.asp

    Good luck on your quest for Microsoft certification and don't become
    discouraged if you fail.

    Davin Mickelson
    MCSD.NET, MCSA

    Davin Mickelson, Sep 10, 2003
  5. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Oops, you're right - I had missed the ms in msmeasureup ...

    Maria, Sep 11, 2003
  6. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Thanks for the link Davin, I had not been there before.
    I also saw your post in dBforums, about certification
    being a revenue stream for Microsoft.

    Maria.

    Maria, Sep 11, 2003
  7. Yes, my big mouth will probably prevent me from ever becoming an MVP.
    Perhaps I should create an alias name and join the mcngp. It seems as though
    hardly anyone here uses their real name.

    I wish someone from the Microsoft Cert Team would explain why they believe
    Transcender practice tests are wrong to use and if their use is a violation
    of the Microsoft exam NDA.

    Good luck to all in achieving your certification(s). It's worth it.

    Davin Mickelson
    ..

    Davin Mickelson, Sep 11, 2003
  8. > I wish someone from the Microsoft Cert Team would explain why they believe
    > Transcender practice tests are wrong to use and if their use is a

    violation
    > of the Microsoft exam NDA.

    I would assume that if they violated the NDA, MS would have sued them by
    now. Maybe they have?

    Also, do know that the MS cert team in fact believes that they are wrong to
    use? If so, how about the other vendors. Why wouldn't theirs be "wrong" as
    well?

    My real name... <g>
    --
    Leigh Kendall, MCSD, MCDBA