    the REAL THING?

    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Feb 9, 2007

  2. Good day:
    This is a good question. The question concerns the subject of the exam in a
    general sense, while not seeking to learn the content of any specific
    question and/or answer. Bill

    Need help on MCP certification test, Feb 10, 2007

  3. Jo I am trying to get a hold of the MeasureUP practice exams to see what
    I think; per your email. I think I can get it tomorrow. I will test out
    on it and see what I think.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 10, 2007
  4. Jo

    John R Guest

    The objectives tests measure your skills on things actually presented in the
    material in the text. The practice tests measure your skills on presented
    material and on some material that was not presented. In my opinion, the
    practice tests are better. As to the question of how acurately they measure
    the real exam, it is difficult to say. You should proceed from the
    understanding that no single source is going to prepare you 100%. You
    should combine the objective tests, practice tests, lab exercises, actual
    experience, etc. Even if you look at the instructional classes, they say
    that they only prepare you for certain exam objectives, but not all. And
    some of what is covered is not covered in total and that you will need
    additional work to be prepared.

    I used the MSPRESS readiness review suite tests, and videos, and lots of on
    the job experience, but in my case I think the experience was the greatest
    asset. Trust me, you learn a lot more and remember it better when you
    struggle through something trying to get it to work on the job. One of the
    problems I have with the practice tests is that they are only of real
    measuring value the first few times you use them, at least for me. After
    that, I started to recognize questions and I found myself asking if I really
    knew the material, or if I memorized the question.

    Good luck.

    John

    John R, Feb 10, 2007
  5. Jo

    Manuel Moore Guest

    On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:31:01 -0800, Jo <>
    wrote:

    >Hello All:
    >
    >I plan on taking my 70-271 test on March 2nd. On the MeasureUp software
    >that came with the Press Book, there are two types of practice tests -
    >Objective Practice Tests and just Practice Tests. Now, I can score a 96% on
    >the Objective practice tests, but can only score a 71% on the other practice
    >tests. Does anyone know if the Objective practice tests are enough to pass
    >the REAL THING?

    When I prepared for my exam I found the Objective Review to be quite
    sufficent to prepare me for the exam, whereas the Practice exams where
    to deep into detail and a good part of the questions just too much.
    But the Practice Test are a good help to prepare though. It is like
    when you have 70 percent in those I'd doubt that you fail in the real
    eaxam.

    Manuel

    Manuel Moore, Feb 10, 2007