    I am interested to hear your opinions on MeasureUp as I'm thinking of
    purchasing some other practice questions - which are the best to go for?

    Thanks for all your replies.

    Frodo, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Frodo

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Frodo climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > I find they are generally badly worded or have off topic questions
    > which are often too hard, especially multiple choice / drag and drop
    > questions.

    LOL! Sorry, but that pretty much describes the real exam questions you will
    get too.

    In all seriousness, I used Measureups when I took 70-210 & 215 and found
    them a pretty fair assessment of readiness. Dunno about the newer exams,
    but from what I understand, they are even more convoluted in their wording
    of questions.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Frodo

    Frodo Guest

    Yes, I agree - some of the MS questions are badly worded at times but not
    nearly as bad as the measure up questions (at least the questions i've been
    reading)

    For example, an answer may read something like

    a) Open the Sites and Services Snapin select the Site
    b) Double click NTDS Site settings and enable universal group membership
    caching
    c) Open the Site properties and enable universal group membership caching
    d) Double click NTDS Site settings and enable universal group membership
    caching

    Answer: A, D

    Alternatively, they might ask a question and refer to a diagram which I am
    unable to see.. the list goes on...

    What alternatives are there to measure up, how do the transcender questions
    compare?

    Thanks.

    Frodo, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Frodo

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Frodo" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > What alternatives are there to measure up, how do the transcender
    > questions compare?

    I've used measure up, self test, and transcender and prefer transcender
    because the explanations of answers are more complete and more likely to
    be correct. They also have excellent references for further reading for
    each question.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    “If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but it would
    deteriorate the cat.” Mark Twain

    catwalker63, Mar 31, 2005
  5. Frodo

    BINZA@ Guest

    Im afraid Measure up for me were very poor in comparison to Trancsender, i
    mean when you cant even get the sales pitch correct theres not a lot of hope
    really "the free sample i tried for 70-219 recently did not even fit the
    screen it was a real pain and confirmed why i gave up on them last time in
    previous exams" Trancsender and microsoft books everytime for me.

    BINZA@, Apr 1, 2005
  6. The quality in the MeasureUp suite varies. Some questions are
    misleading, others are way too easy, and some are just plain wrong -
    wrong answers, wrong explanations. Poor quality control in my opinion.

    I attempted to notify Microsoft Press that there were mistakes in the
    MeasureUp suite that came with their books and they referred me to
    MeasureUp. When I tried notifying MeasureUp about the errors, they said
    they merely designed the engine - Microsoft designed the content. Given
    the lack of interest on both sides, I have a feeling the mistakes will
    never get corrected.

    Still, even having dealt with all of that, I still found the questions
    an okay approximation of the sorts of convoluted-logic questions you
    tend to get on MCP exams.

    Frodo wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been practicing so far with the Measure Up questions bundled

    with the

    blastingfonda, Apr 1, 2005
  7. Frodo

    FYI-Geek101 Guest

    VERY IMPORTANT:
    Industry use these assessments to measure your skill sets,
    so completing them successfully is in your best interest.

    An excellent compliment to your training is to
    use the free Microsoft Skills Assessments at

    and there is no cost.

    If you need help, you can also get excellent free detailed
    Q&A support for skills assessments at
    http://disnetinc.com/

    Why look for training and testing any where else?
    Learn from the people who built the products, learn from
    Microsoft.

    I recommend the following microsoft press books for
    training at

    View all Microsoft Certifications at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certifications.asp

    FYI-Geek101