    EMail address is disposable and never checked.
    Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by
    *me* using nothing more than common sense.
    Paul Blarmy, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Paul Blarmy

    Moz Champion Guest

    Paul Blarmy wrote:
    > Would some kind soul please tell me where Firefox/Thunderbird takes it's
    > measurement preferences from? As in, page setup showing in either
    > imperial or metric.
    >
    > WinXP
    >
    > TIA

    page setup is usually in pixels, not imperial or metric measurements

    default window size is by pixels, but thats designed to be changed by
    the user to suite their usage
    web pages also give width (if given that is) in pixels

    the dialogue windows and such are all given in pixel dimensions
    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2005

  3. On 6/1/2005 3:42 PM, Moz Champion said:
    > Paul Blarmy wrote:
    >
    >> Would some kind soul please tell me where Firefox/Thunderbird takes
    >> it's measurement preferences from? As in, page setup showing in either
    >> imperial or metric.
    >>
    >> WinXP
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > page setup is usually in pixels, not imperial or metric measurements
    >
    > default window size is by pixels, but thats designed to be changed by
    > the user to suite their usage
    > web pages also give width (if given that is) in pixels
    >
    > the dialogue windows and such are all given in pixel dimensions

    Surely that's not the case in page setup -- it's of precious little use
    to specify print margins in pixels! Here millimetres or inches would be
    of more use, depending on locale. Hence my Firefox's default margin
    width of 12.7 looks like a millimetre measurement, being roughly equal
    to 0.5".

    cheers,

    David H
    David Harrison, Jun 1, 2005
  4. Paul Blarmy

    Moz Champion Guest

    David Harrison wrote:
    > On 6/1/2005 3:42 PM, Moz Champion said:
    >
    >> Paul Blarmy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Would some kind soul please tell me where Firefox/Thunderbird takes
    >>> it's measurement preferences from? As in, page setup showing in
    >>> either imperial or metric.
    >>>
    >>> WinXP
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>

    >> page setup is usually in pixels, not imperial or metric measurements
    >>
    >> default window size is by pixels, but thats designed to be changed by
    >> the user to suite their usage
    >> web pages also give width (if given that is) in pixels
    >>
    >> the dialogue windows and such are all given in pixel dimensions

    > Surely that's not the case in page setup -- it's of precious little use
    > to specify print margins in pixels! Here millimetres or inches would be
    > of more use, depending on locale. Hence my Firefox's default margin
    > width of 12.7 looks like a millimetre measurement, being roughly equal
    > to 0.5".
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H

    No, for printing the standard measurements are used according to the
    Paper size selected.
    If using an American paper size, the measurements are in inches (or
    fractions thereof) and if using a metric paper size, in mm's

    My fault, I misread your original question and thought you meant page
    setup as per the web, I wasnt thinking printing at all.
    Moz Champion, Jun 1, 2005