measure up experience 70-292

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by djc, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. djc

    djc Guest

    70-292 practice exam from Measure Up.

    1) sent me a cd that is not the current version. They said the new version
    was released just after I placed my order. OK. I'm suspicious, but thats
    believable.

    2) errors during installation. ok, loosing faith. Their support said it was
    a known issue with the current version of windows installer, or the install
    shield, don't remember which. So ok, it can happen. But I'm more suspicisous
    on whether I can trust the material here or not.

    3) graded a question as correct when even in there own explanation it is
    wrong. To be clear. Lets say I answered A. The question was marked correct
    but the explanation says the correct answer is B. The explanation supports B
    as correct, so it was not just a typo. The engine got it wrong. It was
    actually one of the type of questions where you click on an option to place
    a marker on it to indicate that that is where you would go, like a certian
    tab or folder in a GPO hierarchy, to configure something. My answer was
    clearly wrong, the marker was placed fully on the option directly above the
    right answer.

    at this point my confidence in using this product is severely damaged. If
    you, like many do I assume, take a practice test and then just go over the
    questions you got wrong then you would have never known this mistake.

    I should say that I can tell what the problem was. When measure up shows the
    correct answer is shows a box drawn around the item you should have placed
    the marker on. It is clear that to be correct according to there engine, the
    whole marker does not need to be in the box. It appears that even know the
    marker is clearly over the wrong answer, if the tiniest part of the
    cross-hare marker touches the edge of the box around the right answer then
    the question is right. They need to shrink the 'correct' area so this cannot
    occur, or preferably use a different method altogether.

    anyway I am just unsure of this product now. I am hoping to hear lots of
    GOOD things about measure up practice exams from people here to restore my
    confidence in using this so I can get back to studying and not have to spend
    more money on another practice test provider.

    so, what do you think here? Has measure up been good for you? Have you
    encountered any issues like this? Have you found the information in their
    practice exams to be accurate?

    djc, Mar 22, 2006

  2. djc

    hrljr Guest

    The only reason I use Measure Up is because the are a Microsoft Official
    Practice test provider. I found out about them from the Microsoft Website.

    hrljr, Mar 24, 2006

  3. djc

    Julia B Guest

    I like Measure Up. When you read the explanations on the ones you got wrong,
    they do give you links to articles on the Microsoft website to learn more
    about that particular subject. Those are very helpful because they usually
    go more in depth on that subject than the book does.

    Julia B, Apr 6, 2006