    Nik Coughlin Guest

    How can I track how much individual users on our network download from the
    Internet? We keep blowing our cap.

    Nik Coughlin, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Nik Coughlin

    Justin Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > How can I track how much individual users on our network download from the
    > Internet? We keep blowing our cap.

    If you have an ADSL connection then I'd suggest IPCOP box in between
    your LAN and the router. A couple of addons, and script or two and you
    get all the logging you want.

    I have used this system at three clients and the individuals responsible
    were hung, drawn and quartered by their respective managers.

    Want a hand setting this up (in Auckland that it). I am available for my
    usual hourly rate!!!
    Regards

    Justin

    Justin, Jan 23, 2007

  3. Nik Coughlin

    Mathew Good Guest

    Mathew Good, Jan 23, 2007
  4. Nik Coughlin

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:05:31 +1300, "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:

    >How can I track how much individual users on our network download from the
    >Internet? We keep blowing our cap.

    One more

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/148942

    Mathew Good, Jan 23, 2007
  5. Nik Coughlin

    whome Guest

    "Justin" <4free.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> How can I track how much individual users on our network download from
    >> the Internet? We keep blowing our cap.

    > If you have an ADSL connection then I'd suggest IPCOP box in between your
    > LAN and the router. A couple of addons, and script or two and you get all
    > the logging you want.
    >
    > I have used this system at three clients and the individuals responsible
    > were hung, drawn and quartered by their respective managers.
    >
    > Want a hand setting this up (in Auckland that it). I am available for my
    > usual hourly rate!!!
    > Regards
    >
    > Justin

    whats your usual hourly rate? Hopefully not as much as a plumber.

    whome, Jan 23, 2007
  6. Nik Coughlin

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Justin <4free.co.nz> wrote in news:45b58ece$1
    @clear.net.nz:

    > If you have an ADSL connection then I'd suggest IPCOP box in between
    > your LAN and the router. A couple of addons, and script or two and you
    > get all the logging you want.

    IPCop rocks, what addon do you use for this feature? Or do you MRTG the
    raw logs dumped to a pc?

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jan 23, 2007
  7. Nik Coughlin

    Hank Guest

    On Jan 23, 5:05 pm, "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:
    > How can I track how much individual users on our network download from the
    > Internet? We keep blowing our cap.

    I use Softperfects Bandwidth Manager

    http://www.softperfect.com/products/bandwidth/

    Its good, full of excellent features and is fairly cheap to purchase.

    Hank.

    Hank, Jan 24, 2007