    Life.
    I just got the replacement disc from Universal, and it seems to be bad
    too! Anybody else? What do we do now?

    David Fell, Nov 24, 2003

  2. David Fell

    MetzLan Guest

    I just got mine today (11/24) and it appears to be fine. What is wrong with
    yours?
    Metz

    MetzLan, Nov 24, 2003

  3. On 24 Nov 2003 15:29:21 -0800, (David Fell)
    wrote:

    >Regarding the bad flags on disc one of Monty Python's the Meaning of
    >Life.
    >I just got the replacement disc from Universal, and it seems to be bad
    >too! Anybody else? What do we do now?

    Yup. Same exact problem. If I have my Prog Scan DVD set to Auto or
    Film, 2 out of every 5 frames is blurry on action.(Stationary picture
    items are ok). If I switch to Video, it looks fine. What a waste of
    time. At least I didn't have to pay any postage!

    I dislike having to change my DVD settings to watch movies, and don;t
    really want to leave it on Video forever. But, if this is the only
    film with this problem, I guess I can deal with it. But Universal
    won't get my discretionary DVD dollar any more!

    Peter Williams, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Mine is bad also
    Looks like they just returned the disc I sent them
    DAMN THEM!!!!!
    THis is what happens when you let the French buy a U.S. Company

    J. Alfred Prufrock, Nov 25, 2003
  5. David Fell

    Rutgar Guest

    wrote:

    >Regarding the bad flags on disc one of Monty Python's the Meaning of
    >Life.
    >I just got the replacement disc from Universal, and it seems to be bad
    >too! Anybody else? What do we do now?

    What have you done about it? Did you call them back? If so, what
    did they say? I'm still waiting for my replacement disk.

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Nov 26, 2003
  6. David Fell wrote:
    > Regarding the bad flags on disc one of Monty Python's the Meaning of
    > Life. I just got the replacement disc from Universal, and it seems to be
    > bad too! Anybody else?

    I got my replacement copy today. It does indeed have the same
    progressive-flagging error as the original DVD: two out of every five
    frames has "combing" errors.

    > What do we do now?

    I've e-mailed Universal at <universalstudios&>
    to let them know that I'm not satisfied with this exchange. I got this
    address from a post in the second page of this Home Theater Forum thread:

    <http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?threadid=168303>

    Apparently Universal are asking folks to let them know what players are
    showing problems with the disc, so if you e-mail them, you might want to
    include that information.

    HTH,

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    If this is not an exercise, could it be a...?

    Douglas Bailey, Nov 26, 2003
  7. David Fell

    Rutgar Guest

    On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:34:57 -0500, Douglas Bailey
    <> wrote:

    >David Fell wrote:
    >> Regarding the bad flags on disc one of Monty Python's the Meaning of
    >> Life. I just got the replacement disc from Universal, and it seems to be
    >> bad too! Anybody else?

    >I got my replacement copy today. It does indeed have the same
    >progressive-flagging error as the original DVD: two out of every five
    >frames has "combing" errors.
    >

    >> What do we do now?

    >I've e-mailed Universal at <universalstudios&>
    >to let them know that I'm not satisfied with this exchange. I got this
    >address from a post in the second page of this Home Theater Forum thread:
    >
    ><http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?threadid=168303>
    >
    >Apparently Universal are asking folks to let them know what players are
    >showing problems with the disc, so if you e-mail them, you might want to
    >include that information.
    >
    >HTH,
    >
    >doug

    According to the Digital Bits today, Universal had admitted to sending
    out the same flawed disk as the replacement, and is now in the process
    of correcting the problem. No word on when though.

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Dec 2, 2003
  8. David Fell

    gardibolt Guest

    Rutgar <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:34:57 -0500, Douglas Bailey
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >David Fell wrote:
    > >> Regarding the bad flags on disc one of Monty Python's the Meaning of
    > >> Life. I just got the replacement disc from Universal, and it seems to be
    > >> bad too! Anybody else?

    > >I got my replacement copy today. It does indeed have the same
    > >progressive-flagging error as the original DVD: two out of every five
    > >frames has "combing" errors.
    > >

    > >> What do we do now?

    > >I've e-mailed Universal at <universalstudios&>
    > >to let them know that I'm not satisfied with this exchange. I got this
    > >address from a post in the second page of this Home Theater Forum thread:
    > >
    > ><http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?threadid=168303>
    > >
    > >Apparently Universal are asking folks to let them know what players are
    > >showing problems with the disc, so if you e-mail them, you might want to
    > >include that information.
    > >
    > >HTH,
    > >
    > >doug

    > According to the Digital Bits today, Universal had admitted to sending
    > out the same flawed disk as the replacement, and is now in the process
    > of correcting the problem. No word on when though.

    Yes, I got a form letter from Universal saying to disregard the V2
    disc and that a replacement will be out in the next few weeks.

    gardibolt, Dec 2, 2003