    edges to blur.

    Thanks in advance
    Jase

    Elliot Mantle, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Elliot Mantle <> wrote:

    > Has anyone else had a problem with Disc 1 of Monty Python's Meaning of Life?
    > The picture on my copy is horrible. Pretty much any movement causes all the
    > edges to blur.

    Yes, same here. It looks as if the disc has been improperly flagged for
    progressive playback: there's fairly frequent "combing" of edges, and
    every time I hit the forward-skip button -- producing a momentary pause
    while the player seeks -- the frozen image has movement between two
    different fields. (I've never seen a disc do that before.)

    I wonder if Universal will replace this disc if they receive enough
    complaints. I'd rather have a copy that played smoothly, myself...

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...

    Douglas Bailey, Sep 3, 2003

  3. Elliot Mantle

    Windbag1000 Guest

    yeah, it sucks. Is it a bad batch or an error in every copy produced?

    Windbag1000, Sep 3, 2003
  4. Elliot Mantle

    K. B. Guest

    On 03 Sep 2003 16:43:07 GMT, arf (Elliot Mantle)
    posted:

    >Has anyone else had a problem with Disc 1 of Monty Python's Meaning of Life?
    >The picture on my copy is horrible. Pretty much any movement causes all the
    >edges to blur.

    I exchanged it and the new Disc 1 has the same problem.
    Apex AD-1100W - blur for 2 frames every few frames
    GE 1106P - no blur
    RCA RC5231Z - no blur

    Kirk Bayne (uuu=hot)
    alt.video.digital-tv Home Page
    <http://www.geocities.com/lislislislis/avdtv.htm>

    K. B., Sep 3, 2003
  5. Elliot Mantle

    Joe Pendyck Guest

    The picture looks fine when playing on my Samsung DVD-R4000, but when
    I press pause the image is flickering wildly.

    Joe Pendyck, Sep 4, 2003