ME headache?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jbew3, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Jbew3

    Jbew3 Guest

    Some years back I used my computer as a terminal to the office computer,
    sharing files, address books etc. When I retired I just quit, and never
    logged on again. Then I added Comcast as my Internet supplier and a I have
    had a headache ever since. When I boot up I get a dialog box asking for a
    pass word. I hit cancel and I log on without an old profile (or whatever it
    is called) . Then magically and without notice I find I am in the old
    profile. Mail in outlook quits and other funny things happen. with Comcast
    I have a modem and a router firewall. What can I do to tell me that the old
    profile is now dead. How it shows up is under the start command there is a
    'Logged on as xxxxxx" which I don't want or "Log out..." which is the
    profile I want.

    How does the profile change without me doing something to make it happen
    after I am doing my own thing. When I asked Comcast experts I might as well
    have been talking to the moon in the interest they showed in my problem and
    any knowledge about a solution.

    Thanks,
    Bew

    Jbew3, Nov 18, 2003