    brightness and contrast so that I can have a nice photo?

    --
    - Mama Bear

    Mama Bear, Nov 13, 2006

  2. Mama Bear

    bongo Guest

    "Mama Bear" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9879ADBC852C8Mama@216.196.97.142...
    >I took a great digital photo today with my western hat on and my bird on
    > top ( Coolpix 4500 ), but it was in incandescent light and I forgot to
    > change the camera for that color balance. It also came out a bit dark.
    >
    > The only tool I have for correcting it is Irfanview. Ok, I know that ain't
    > much, but how can I get this changed to correct the color balance,
    > brightness and contrast so that I can have a nice photo?
    >

    > --
    > - Mama Bear

    post it on here and see who can do it.

    bongo, Nov 13, 2006

  3. On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:28:40 GMT, in rec.photo.digital " bongo"
    <_no> wrote:

    >"Mama Bear" <> wrote in message
    >>I took a great digital photo today with my western hat on and my bird on
    >> top ( Coolpix 4500 ), but it was in incandescent light and I forgot to
    >> change the camera for that color balance. It also came out a bit dark.
    >>
    >> The only tool I have for correcting it is Irfanview. Ok, I know that ain't
    >> much, but how can I get this changed to correct the color balance,
    >> brightness and contrast so that I can have a nice photo?

    >post it on here and see who can do it.

    No please do NOT post it here. This is not a binaries group. Either post it
    to an appropriate binaries group or a web site and post a link here.

    Irfanview doesn't have an easy way of doing the correction. The easiest
    tool I've seen is the colorcast tool in the older versions of Paint Shop
    Pro I've used. (V7&8). You could try downloading a demo of the current
    version from the Corel web site
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 13, 2006
  4. Mama Bear

    Mama Bear Guest

    "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote :

    > On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:28:40 GMT, in rec.photo.digital " bongo"
    ><_no> wrote:
    >

    >>"Mama Bear" <> wrote in message
    >>>I took a great digital photo today with my western hat on and my
    >>>bird on
    >>> top ( Coolpix 4500 ), but it was in incandescent light and I forgot
    >>> to change the camera for that color balance. It also came out a bit
    >>> dark.
    >>>
    >>> The only tool I have for correcting it is Irfanview. Ok, I know
    >>> that ain't much, but how can I get this changed to correct the
    >>> color balance, brightness and contrast so that I can have a nice
    >>> photo?

    >>post it on here and see who can do it.

    > No please do NOT post it here. This is not a binaries group. Either
    > post it to an appropriate binaries group or a web site and post a
    > link here.

    Ok, I posted it in alt.binaries.birds under George and Me.

    --
    - Mama Bear

    Mama Bear, Nov 13, 2006
  5. Mama Bear

    Bob Williams Guest

    Mama Bear wrote:

    > I took a great digital photo today with my western hat on and my bird on
    > top ( Coolpix 4500 ), but it was in incandescent light and I forgot to
    > change the camera for that color balance. It also came out a bit dark.
    >
    > The only tool I have for correcting it is Irfanview. Ok, I know that ain't
    > much, but how can I get this changed to correct the color balance,
    > brightness and contrast so that I can have a nice photo?

    I edited your image and the reply is in alt.binaries. birds
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Nov 13, 2006
  6. Mama Bear

    Mama Bear Guest

    Bob Williams <> wrote :

    > Mama Bear wrote:
    >
    >> I took a great digital photo today with my western hat on and my
    >> bird on top ( Coolpix 4500 ), but it was in incandescent light and I
    >> forgot to change the camera for that color balance. It also came out
    >> a bit dark.
    >>
    >> The only tool I have for correcting it is Irfanview. Ok, I know that
    >> ain't much, but how can I get this changed to correct the color
    >> balance, brightness and contrast so that I can have a nice photo?
    >>

    > I edited your image and the reply is in alt.binaries. birds
    > Bob Williams

    Thanks!

    I played with it too, and posted my best attempt there too.

    --
    - Mama Bear

    Mama Bear, Nov 13, 2006
  7. Mama Bear

    bongo Guest

    "Mama Bear" <> wrote in message
    > "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote :
    >
    >> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:28:40 GMT, in rec.photo.digital " bongo"
    >><_no> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Mama Bear" <> wrote in message

    >>>post it on here and see who can do it.

    >> No please do NOT post it here. This is not a binaries group. Either
    >> post it to an appropriate binaries group or a web site and post a
    >> link here.

    > Ok, I posted it in alt.binaries.birds under George and Me.
    >

    > --
    > - Mama Bear

    hi mama bear
    i can not get alt.binaries.birds can you post it on
    alt.binaries.photography

    bongo, Nov 13, 2006
  8. Mama Bear

    Mama Bear Guest

    " bongo" <_no> wrote :

    > "Mama Bear" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote :

    forgot

    bit

    >>> No please do NOT post it here. This is not a binaries group. Either
    >>> post it to an appropriate binaries group or a web site and post a
    >>> link here.

    >> Ok, I posted it in alt.binaries.birds under George and Me.
    >>

    >> --
    >> - Mama Bear

    > hi mama bear
    > i can not get alt.binaries.birds can you post it on
    > alt.binaries.photography

    Ok. :)

    --
    - Mama Bear

    Mama Bear, Nov 13, 2006
  9. Mama Bear

    bongo Guest

    "Mama Bear" <> wrote in message
    >" bongo" <_no> wrote :
    >

    >> "Mama Bear" <> wrote in message

    > forgot

    > bit

    >>> Ok, I posted it in alt.binaries.birds under George and Me.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> - Mama Bear

    >> hi mama bear
    >> i can not get alt.binaries.birds can you post it on
    >> alt.binaries.photography

    > Ok. :)
    >

    > --
    > - Mama Bear