    I have a proprietary system that uses MSSQL 2000 that I'm having problems
    connecting to. In case it matters, I'm using an AMD x2 3800+ 64 bit proc.

    Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFyb2QgQ3VtbWluZ3M=?=, Dec 25, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Sorry there currently is no 64bit version of mdac. In VS 2005
    if you have the target cpu set to any cpu you will get an error when trying
    to access the database with the oledb or odbc classes. Changing the target
    cpu to x86 will make the program use the 32 bit drivers and allow the
    program to access the database.

    Ken
    -------------

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Dec 25, 2005

  3. So if I'm reading this right, the program I'm using would have to be
    re-compiled with the target cpu set to x86 to force 32 bit odbc drivers?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFyb2QgQ3VtbWluZ3M=?=, Dec 26, 2005
  4. Hi,

    Yes. Please vote for my suggestion in the msdn product feedback
    center for a 64bit version of odbc

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/produ...edbackid=a533f823-73a1-40e8-9380-d25b58ce8ae8

    Ken
    http://www.vb-tips.com

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIFR1Y2tlciBbTVZQXQ==?=, Dec 28, 2005