    config over to another 2620 with a BRI interface and everything is
    running fine, why I don't know. So I came to the board for your
    thoughts.
    Ed Pacheco, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Ed Pacheco

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I ran across a funny situation while doing a lab for my CCNP:
    >
    > While setting up 3 routers all 2620s V. 12.2(12c) for OSPF over a LAN
    > I get adjacencies fine until I turn on authentication. I double
    > checked everything and had an instructor go over it and it looked all
    > ok to him too. The only thing that was different on the routers is
    > that 2 had BRI interfaces and one didn't. low and behold I copy the
    > config over to another 2620 with a BRI interface and everything is
    > running fine, why I don't know. So I came to the board for your
    > thoughts.

    Passwords had trailing spaces. That'd be my guess.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Ed Pacheco

    Ed Pacheco Guest

    I cheked for spaces and even tried another password. still no good.
    the very same config works ok if all three routers have BRI interfaces.

    Ed Pacheco, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Ed Pacheco

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I cheked for spaces and even tried another password. still no good.
    > the very same config works ok if all three routers have BRI interfaces.

    Do you have some areas you're not accounting for? I.e. virtual links
    are considered area 0. It's often missed when placing authentication in
    area 0. Or it could be a bug, or the router may need a reboot.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Feb 10, 2004