    advice me whether it is worth waiting for .net Framework 3.0 exams or 2.0
    would be good enough and what is the Value of MCTS and C# in the current
    market( as per recruiters).

    Rahul, Aug 17, 2007

  2. Remember that the exams do not test you on the languages themselves, only on
    how they relate to the .Net Framework.
    Since you already know C++, you might want to consider studying for and
    taking the 70-536 exam with C++ as your language first, that way, you don't
    have to worry about learning a new language and studying the "skills being
    measured" simultaneously.
    Of course, 70-528 is not available in C++ (although 70-526 for Windows is).
    Frankly, if you don't know C# already, then two months is too short to study
    for either 70-536 or 70-528, let alone both, unless you don't plan on having
    a life outside of studying for those two months.
    I would take the exams based on the .Net Framework version you are currently
    working with. Only if you are not working with the 2.0 version, and studying
    the 2.0 version would confuse you, would I bother to wait.
    Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

    LarryWestMCSD, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Rahul

    Marc Guest

    "LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> schreef

    > Remember that the exams do not test you on the languages themselves, only
    > on
    > how they relate to the .Net Framework.

    Hence if you know Java and C++, and have already worked with C# for a few
    months, only a short (re)introduction to the language is enough, you do not
    have to read the whole book of more then 700 pages that is referred to on
    the website of exam 70-528, is that right?

    I am referring to this book:
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/7219.aspx

    I really not planning on reading this book too, and also read the selfpaced
    study book/training kit of Johnson & Northrup.

    Marc, Aug 18, 2007
  4. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    Hi Larry,

    I am aiming for a future in Microsoft Technologies. I have started on with
    C# and will be going deep into it to make myself more familiar with. I know
    C++ and Java and learning C# has become easy for me as code syntax are more
    or less same as that in java and C++. C# is really a nice language and as you
    have spoecified 2-3 months would not be sufficient, i am planning to put more
    months and days into C# as i am planning my career in C# and Business
    Solutions based on C#.
    Can you please advise me the correct way of studying for certification that
    would help me in learning and implementation of C# on framework 2.0.

    Thanks for wealth of information and advice you have provided.

    Rahul, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Rahul

    enuj13

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Microsoft Certification 536

    Are the question in the retake of the exam same as the question in the first take?

    enuj13, Apr 28, 2010