MCTS Exam 70-445 SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence and Mainten

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Kieran, Apr 9, 2008.

  1. Kieran

    Kieran Guest

    Hi,
    I'm starting to prepare for this examination and I'm looking to build a list
    of fellow students for this exam. So please post any questions, comments or
    suggestions to this thread.

    So to get the ball rolling I have purchased the following books; -
    MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-445): Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005
    Business Intelligence—Implementation and Maintenance: Microsoft ...
    Maintenance: Exam 70-445 (Pro Certification) (Paperback)
    Amazon Link; -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCTS-Self-P...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207728351&sr=1-1

    Practical Business Intelligence with SQL Server 2005: In the Trenches
    (Paperback)
    Amazon Link; -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-B...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207728423&sr=1-1

    I also find the following forums very helpful; -
    SSIS; - http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=80&SiteID=1
    SSAS; - http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=83&SiteID=1
    SSRS; - http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=82&SiteID=1

    --
    Kieran Wood
    www.informationfind.net
    Kieran, Apr 9, 2008

  2. Kieran

    Hiren Guest

    Hi Kieran,

    I just registered for the exam yesterday. Thanks for posting the link. I
    haven't purchased any books yet. How would you rate the one you purchased?
    Looks like I have a lot of ground to cover.

    Thanks for the posting.

    -Hiren

    Hiren, May 1, 2008

  3. Kieran

    Kieran Guest

    RE: MCTS Exam 70-445 SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence and Mai

    Hi Hiren,
    Sorry it took so long to reply to you. I find the MCTS Self-Paced Training
    Kit good for exam preparation however I find the Practical Business
    Intelligence book good for communicating concepts. The web site
    www.trainingspot.com also looks promising. Does anyone else have any tips?

    Kieran Wood
    www.informationfind.net

    Kieran, Jun 24, 2008
  4. Kieran

    Hiren Guest

    RE: MCTS Exam 70-445 SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence and Mai

    Thanks, Kieran.

    Hiren, Jun 24, 2008
  5. Kieran

    Bhushan Guest

    Hi Kieran,

    Please include me too in your list :)

    I'm a new comer in MS BI and thought to taking a certification...are there
    any dumps available with you, which can speed up the process?

    Regards,
    Bhushan

    Bhushan, Jul 4, 2008
  6. Kieran

    Sunny Guest

    RE: MCTS Exam 70-445 SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence and Mai

    Hi all,

    This is Sunny. I am preparing the 70-445 too. Thanks for the link.

    Regards,
    Sunny

    Sunny, Jul 30, 2008
  7. Kieran

    BSK Guest

    Thank you for your informative post. I appreciate an advice on what is the
    best book to buy for this exam.

    Many Thanks
    BSK, Oct 1, 2008
  8. Kieran

    mano Guest

    Microsoft Business Intelligence

    Hi!
    First Happy New Year!
    I would like to ask some questions about Microsoft BI.
    I am from Bulgaria - Sofia university and I chose to write diplom work for
    my master degree on theme "Microsoft Business Intelligences technologies
    research".
    My diplom work instructor gave me the following questions as a base points
    for my diplom work:
    - ROLAP, MOLAP и HOLAP support in Microsoft BI
    - data compression in multidimensional data model
    - maximum possible number of dimensions
    - how Microsoft BI server can process large dimensions containing 700
    000-800 000 elements in a dimension
    - are there specialized solutions to problems as segmentation of calculated
    changes of dimension hierarchies for a given period in the time
    - what methods are there for working with non-additive facts(for example
    non-additive facts caused by "many to many" relations)
    My main problems are with the last 2 questions - I have searched so hard,
    but I have not found no info about this.
    I would be very glad if you can help me or tell me where to find info about
    this.
    Every internet address you can give me will be very helpful for me.
    Have a nice day!
    mano, Jan 10, 2009