    I seem to remember seeing something about that designator on the MCP page,
    but can't find it now.

    Thanks!
    Jeff Guillet, MCSE, Jan 15, 2008

  2. I answered this question for you in a private newsgroup, I believe. However
    for the group:

    Passing an exam first (I do not know the exact number) will likely make you
    a Charter Member of that MCTS, but will not make you an Early Adopter, which
    has nothing to do with certs.

    "Jeff Guillet, MCSE" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Mitch Garvis, MCT, Jan 16, 2008

  3. What would be a Charter Member?
    I have been wondering about if there was any advantage to make the upgrade
    exms to 2008 right now, or it would be better to wait. I would love to know
    more about it.

    David Hay currie, Jan 18, 2008
  4. It used to be 5000.

    I you became one of the first 5000 certified you got a slightly different
    looking piece of paper. I've got several laying around. I don't know if 5000
    is still correct or not though, it seems this may have changed....

    --
    ..rev

    www.askthemct.com
    ..

    .rev [askthemct.com], Jan 20, 2008
  5. Well I have three... all they say is CHARTER MEMBER. A long time ago you
    used to get a lucite plaque, but not anymore.

    Mitch Garvis, MCT, Jan 20, 2008
  6. "Mitch Garvis, MCT" <> wrote in message

    > Well I have three... all they say is CHARTER MEMBER. A long time ago you
    > used to get a lucite plaque, but not anymore.

    > ".rev [askthemct.com]" <> wrote in message
    > > It used to be 5000.
    > >
    > > I you became one of the first 5000 certified you got a slightly different
    > > looking piece of paper. I've got several laying around. I don't know if
    > > 5000 is still correct or not though, it seems this may have changed....
    > >
    > > --
    > > .rev
    > >
    > > www.askthemct.com
    > > .
    > > "Mitch Garvis, MCT" <> wrote in message
    > >>I answered this question for you in a private newsgroup, I believe.
    > >>However for the group:
    > >>
    > >> Passing an exam first (I do not know the exact number) will likely make
    > >> you a Charter Member of that MCTS, but will not make you an Early
    > >> Adopter, which has nothing to do with certs.

    > >> "Jeff Guillet, MCSE" <> wrote in
    > >> message news:...

    I know this, my Charter Member certifications look better than my
    regular certs. Maybe that's the benefit.

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jan 20, 2008