    case , considering I am a beginner in C#.net and VB.net and a VB 6.0
    developer with 2 years of experience ?

    Thanks in advance.
    Vivek Gupta, Jul 27, 2009

  2. Vivek Gupta

    Vivek Gupta Guest

    Expecting some feedback guys!!

    Vivek Gupta, Jul 29, 2009

  3. "Vivek Gupta" <> wrote in message

    > Expecting some feedback guys!

    <sigh>.. okay...

    >> Is there any certification for VB 6.0 ?

    Have you tried looking on the Microsoft Learning website?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning

    Short answer: There are no available certifications for products that many
    versions old.

    >> If not,what are the other certifications one can go for ?

    Same site. Same answers.

    >> Will 70-536 certification be useful in this
    >> case , considering I am a beginner in C#.net and VB.net and a VB 6.0
    >> developer with 2 years of experience ?

    70-536 is required for any developer certification; it's rather pointless
    whether you think it will be "useful" or not, but to answer the question
    anyway, I guess that depends on whether you intend to market yourself as a
    VB6 programmer for the rest of your life, or you intend to learn the .NET
    Framework API/Library at some point. The 70-536 will be indispensable in the
    process of learning anything about .NET, and absolutely required -- since my
    assumption is that you are interested in certification -- you just don't
    know what's available (or how to find it).

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jul 29, 2009
  4. Vivek Gupta

    Vivek Gupta Guest

    Hi Lawrence,

    Thanks for your reply.I do know where to look for certifications.But I did
    not find any certifications for VB 6.0 and just wanted to make sure regarding
    the same.I do understand that 70 - 536 is a certification for .Net framework
    foundation.I basically wanted to know if this certification is in the right
    direction , considering that currently I am on VB 6.0 and do intend to move
    to .Net,since VB 6.0 has become outdated.

    Regards,
    Vivek Gupta

    Vivek Gupta, Jul 30, 2009
  5. Brainbench still offers certification in Visual Basic 6.0.
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS

    LarryWestMCSD, Aug 10, 2009