MCT enrollment is now open!

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Ken Rosen [MS], Oct 14, 2004.

  1. Hi folks,

    I manage the Microsoft Certified Trainer program for Microsoft, and I wanted
    to let you know that on October 1, we launched our new MCT 2005 program.
    MCTs are the only audience that Microsoft recognizes and promotes to teach
    our official learning products to our customers, and it's an extremely
    passionate and active community.

    If you spend even part of your time teaching Microsoft products and
    technologies to IT professionals and developers, I encourage you to check
    out the new program--visit http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct for
    details.

    One new change this year that you may not be aware of: we now accept
    trainers into the program with MCDST, MCSA, and MCAD credentials (in the
    past, we required MCSE, MCSD, or MCDBA only). There are restrictions around
    what you're authorized to teach, however, so check out the program guide for
    full details.

    There's also a great slate of benefits for MCTs this year, including:

    * free access to all Official Microsoft Learning Products and MBS Learning
    Products via the MCT Download Center
    * 45% discount on MCP and MBS exams (20% discount in countries where exams
    are priced below $125 US)
    * 38% discount on TechNet Plus
    * free access to all e-learning courses at www.microsoftelearning.com (North
    America, EMEA only)
    * 50% discount on all MS Pree books (North America only)
    * exclusive, member-only newsgroups
    ....and more.

    I'll be hanging out in the microsoft.public.cert.mct newsgroup to answer
    questions, but you're also welcome to e-mail me directly if you have
    questions.

    I hope you'll consider joining us year!

    --
    Ken Rosen
    MCT Worldwide Program Manager

    Ken Rosen [MS], Oct 14, 2004

  2. Ken Rosen [MS]

    Jerz Guest

    What classes would a MCT with an MCDST or an MCSA be able to teach? I've
    looked but the info seems to be on the MCT site so if you're not an MCT you
    can't access the information.

    Thanks!

    Jerz, Oct 22, 2004

  3. An MCDST will be able to teach 2261, 2262, 2263, 2264. an MCSA in 2003 will
    be able to teach 2209, 2272, 2285 ,2273 ,2274, 2275, 2276, 2277, 2299 and
    some electives. A MCSA in 2000 would be able to teach 2151, 2152, 2126,
    2272, and some electives.

    HTH,

    --
    Jeffery W. Roach
    MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCDST, CTTS, CNA, N+, A+

    Jeffrey W. Roach, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Ken Rosen [MS]

    Jerz Guest

    Awesome, thanks!

    Jerz, Oct 22, 2004
  5. Ken Rosen [MS]

    Guest Guest

    Hello Ken,

    I've renewed my MCT status and just received the 2005 welcome kit. It's
    nice! I didn't tried the VPC images yet, but I'm sure they'll save me lots
    of time in preparation. Moving the courses to VPC-based definitely helps.
    Also, I like the idea of using MetricThatMatters for evaluation. Coz not all
    training centres are providing the evaluation results back to the trainer,
    but the results are in fact very important to us. Thanks!

    --
    Andy Cheung
    Please Visity My WebCam!!

    "Ken Rosen [MS]" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I manage the Microsoft Certified Trainer program for Microsoft, and I

    wanted
    > to let you know that on October 1, we launched our new MCT 2005 program.
    > MCTs are the only audience that Microsoft recognizes and promotes to teach
    > our official learning products to our customers, and it's an extremely
    > passionate and active community.
    >
    > If you spend even part of your time teaching Microsoft products and
    > technologies to IT professionals and developers, I encourage you to check
    > out the new program--visit http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct for
    > details.
    >
    > One new change this year that you may not be aware of: we now accept
    > trainers into the program with MCDST, MCSA, and MCAD credentials (in the
    > past, we required MCSE, MCSD, or MCDBA only). There are restrictions

    around
    > what you're authorized to teach, however, so check out the program guide

    for
    > full details.
    >
    > There's also a great slate of benefits for MCTs this year, including:
    >
    > * free access to all Official Microsoft Learning Products and MBS Learning
    > Products via the MCT Download Center
    > * 45% discount on MCP and MBS exams (20% discount in countries where exams
    > are priced below $125 US)
    > * 38% discount on TechNet Plus
    > * free access to all e-learning courses at www.microsoftelearning.com

    (North
    > America, EMEA only)
    > * 50% discount on all MS Pree books (North America only)
    > * exclusive, member-only newsgroups
    > ...and more.
    >
    > I'll be hanging out in the microsoft.public.cert.mct newsgroup to answer
    > questions, but you're also welcome to e-mail me directly if you have
    > questions.
    >
    > I hope you'll consider joining us year!
    >
    > --
    > Ken Rosen
    > MCT Worldwide Program Manager
    > Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Guest, Oct 28, 2004
  6. Ken Rosen [MS]

    abc Guest

    Dear Ken,

    I have hy job is teacheing MS Office for years and is a MOS Master
    Instructor for Office XP and 2000, I also get my MCDST, just want to know
    if I can use my MOS Master Instructor Cert as my teaching requirment in
    applying the MCT (MCDST), thank you!

    Gary

    "Jerz" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:%23mOgJA%...

    abc, Oct 30, 2004
  7. Glad to hear, Andy! And welcome back!

    Ken Rosen [MS], Nov 5, 2004
  8. Hi Gary,

    It depends on how you met the instructional skills requirement for MOS
    Master Instructor. There were 4 options available:

    a.. A diploma or transcript from an accredited educational institution
    verifying that you have satisfied the requirements for a teaching or
    training degree
    a.. Written verification from your current or past employer on the employer's
    letterhead verifying that you have two or more years of experience
    delivering competent training on Microsoft Office desktop programs
    a.. A certificate verifying that you have successfully completed a Microsoft
    approved presentation skills or Train-the-Trainer course
    a.. An instructor completion certificate from any of the following vendors:
    CSO Group, CompTIA, Certified Internet Webmaster, Cisco Systems, Citrix,
    Lotus, Microsoft, Novell, Oracle, or Santa Cruz Operation

    MCT accepts any of the above except the second (written verfication from an
    employer).

    Ken Rosen [MS], Nov 5, 2004