MCSFD Training Kits

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Paul, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Could someone please let me know if the

    "MCAD/MSCD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .Net Core
    Requirments, Exams 70-305/70-315, 70-306/70-316, 70-
    310/70-320, and 70-300" which has 4 separate books (1 for
    each exam) are the same books that are avaialable in the
    Separate "MCAD/MSCD Self-Paced Training Kits" by exam

    for example:
    Is the book for 70-305/70-315 in the ".net core" kit the
    same as the "MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit:
    Deleloping Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
    Basic .net and Visual C# .Net, Second Edition"

    If so, is the CD content also the same.

    In other words, its it work buying the books separtley as
    appossed to all in one kit?

    Thanks for you help in clarify this for me

    Paul, Oct 24, 2003

  2. It's the same content, just soft cover instead of hard cover. Much better
    deal too; $118 on Amazon.

    The books are a good review of the topics, but probably not enough to pass
    depending on your experience. Get some good 3rd party books from Wrox,
    Apress, MS Press etc. The Que training guides are supposedly good; haven't
    used them, but have skimmed them and they look comprehensive. Although, good
    3rd party books with lots of hands-on and review using the MS Kits should be
    enough.

    HTH,

    --
    Leigh Kendall MCSD, MCDBA

    Leigh Kendall, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Forgot... If you need exam simulations, spend the extra and get the
    Transcenders. Excellent product. Some people don't need them, others do. I
    personally find them very useful. But only use them after hands-on, study
    etc. They're not designed to be your "training".

    HTH

    Leigh Kendall, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Paul

    Jaime Guest

    They are the same but paperback as someone had mentioned and they are
    slightly more condensed, but the same stuff is covered.

    Jaime, Oct 24, 2003
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Thanks for the Reply Guys..Just what I was looking for

    Paul, Oct 27, 2003