    is up to date as i found suggestion to update it....

    Does anyone know any solutions? I am sure that if I manage to start this
    service again everything will be in place as before.

    Paul Smith, Sep 11, 2008

  2. Paul Smith

    Network Guru Guest

    "Paul Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:uoQ$...
    >I have a problem with my windows 2003 R2 server....it stays on Applying
    > Computer Settings for an hour when I reboot...
    >
    > I noticed that the OpenLdap service [slapd.exe] cannot start even trying
    > restarting it manually is to no avail....gives error 1053 timely fashion
    > timeout something . Also I noticed that the process called inetinfo.exe is
    > running and taking a lot of memory...
    >
    > This service is essential for the operation of my mail server as it uses
    > LDAP since I am not running exchange but an IMAP server. My .NET framework
    > is up to date as i found suggestion to update it....
    >
    > Does anyone know any solutions? I am sure that if I manage to start this
    > service again everything will be in place as before.

    I recommend going to work with creased trousers and shiny tasseled loafers.
    The chicks dig a sharp dressed man and one may assist if you are dressed
    properly.

    Network Guru, Sep 12, 2008

  3. Paul Smith

    kpg Guest

    "Network Guru" <> wrote in

    > I recommend going to work with creased trousers and shiny tasseled
    > loafers. The chicks dig a sharp dressed man and one may assist if you
    > are dressed properly.

    Are you implying that chicks that are attracted to well-dressed men
    are better at diagnosing startup problems than men who do not dress
    well? I have not observed this in the field. What evidence do you
    have?

    kpg, Sep 12, 2008
  4. Paul Smith

    kpg Guest

    "Paul Smith" <> wrote in

    > I have a problem with my windows 2003 R2 server....it stays on
    > Applying Computer Settings for an hour when I reboot...

    Does that mean after an hour it does start?

    > I noticed that the OpenLdap service [slapd.exe] cannot start even
    > trying restarting it manually is to no avail....gives error 1053
    > timely fashion timeout something . Also I noticed that the process
    > called inetinfo.exe is running and taking a lot of memory...
    >
    > This service is essential for the operation of my mail server as it
    > uses LDAP since I am not running exchange but an IMAP server. My .NET
    > framework is up to date as i found suggestion to update it....

    You may have found this article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839174

    and as recommended updated the framework. That it failed to resolve the
    issue indicates that this may not be the problem.

    What else would cause a service to no respond? Maxed out CPU usage,
    dependant services not running, 'corruption' of the O/S, faulty hardware.

    > Does anyone know any solutions? I am sure that if I manage to start
    > this service again everything will be in place as before.

    As before what?

    What is the difference between when it worked and now?

    Have you examined the eventlog for anything unusual?

    Have you tried to boot in safemode?

    Have you tried the creased pants and tasseled shoes?

    kpg, Sep 12, 2008
  5. Paul Smith

    JaR Guest

    On 9/12/2008,kpg had the unmitigated gall to claim:

    > As before what?
    >
    > What is the difference between when it worked and now?
    >
    > Have you examined the eventlog for anything unusual?
    >
    > Have you tried to boot in safemode?
    >
    > Have you tried the creased pants and tasseled shoes?

    Have you tried the deep-fried jalapenos at DeLeon's?

    --
    JaR
    I suggest nuke & pave

    JaR, Sep 12, 2008
  6. Paul Smith

    kpg Guest

    > Have you tried the deep-fried jalapenos at DeLeon's?

    No. But they sound delicious.

    kpg, Sep 12, 2008
  7. Paul Smith

    catwalker63 Guest

    kpg <> prattled ceaselessly in

    >> Have you tried the deep-fried jalapenos at DeLeon's?

    > No. But they sound delicious.

    I prefer crab and shrimp wontons with plum sauce at McGrath's. They're
    fish & chips aren't bad either.

    For dessert, I like Tony Roma's Cheescake with Strawberry Sauce.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Sep 12, 2008
  8. Paul Smith

    JaR Guest

    On 9/12/2008,catwalker63 had the unmitigated gall to claim:

    > kpg <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    > >> Have you tried the deep-fried jalapenos at DeLeon's?

    > > No. But they sound delicious.
    > >

    > I prefer crab and shrimp wontons with plum sauce at McGrath's.
    > They're fish & chips aren't bad either.
    >
    > For dessert, I like Tony Roma's Cheescake with Strawberry Sauce.

    Oferkrissakes! Yer such a girl.

    --
    JaR
    Thank Ghod!

    JaR, Sep 12, 2008
  9. Paul Smith

    Paul Smith Guest

    oh may i intervene
    i solved problem
    such nonsense....i will switch off notify

    Paul Smith, Sep 13, 2008
  10. Hi Paul: I am not MCSE yet but have taught college courses to prep for MCSE
    for about 7 years now. May I suggest:

    1. Please list the EXACT error message and hit PrtSc when the message
    appears. then open MS Word and CTRL v to paste it into a Word document.

    2. Follow correct boot procedures. Power down cold ( no power ) and
    then restart. CTRL ALT DEL can mess up registry entrys.

    3. The slow process inclines me to believe you have 1 or more viruses on your
    server. I recommend Norton AV or McAfee. Be sure to run only one
    antivirus program as multiple AV programs will conflict with each other and
    eventually lock up the machine.

    4. Set LDAP and other services to run Automatically, not manually.

    5. Let me know if this helps, if not I'll try to research the problem for you.
    Jim Robbins M.S. Information Science

    James P. Robbins, Jr. MSIS, CIT Faculty, Sep 14, 2008
  11. Paul Smith

    Neil Guest

    did you hear
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgUC4gUm9iYmlucywgSnIuIE1TSVMsIENJVCBGYWN1bHR5?= <James
    P. Robbins, Jr. MSIS, CIT > say in

    > Hi Paul: I am not MCSE yet but have taught college courses to prep
    > for MCSE for about 7 years now.

    YIKES!

    The InterNeil MCNGP XXX

    Neil, Sep 15, 2008
  12. Paul Smith

    catwalker63 Guest

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> prattled ceaselessly in

    > did you hear
    > =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgUC4gUm9iYmlucywgSnIuIE1TSVMsIENJVCBGYWN1bHR5?= <James
    > P. Robbins, Jr. MSIS, CIT > say in
    >
    >> Hi Paul: I am not MCSE yet but have taught college courses to prep
    >> for MCSE for about 7 years now.

    > YIKES!
    >
    > The InterNeil MCNGP XXX

    "I'm not an MCSE but I play one on TV."

    Wow. Just wow.

    catwalker63, Sep 15, 2008
  13. Paul Smith

    Frisbee® Guest

    Neil wrote:
    > did you hear
    > =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgUC4gUm9iYmlucywgSnIuIE1TSVMsIENJVCBGYWN1bHR5?=
    > <James P. Robbins, Jr. MSIS, CIT >
    > say in news::
    >
    >> Hi Paul: I am not MCSE yet but have taught college courses to prep
    >> for MCSE for about 7 years now.

    > YIKES!
    >
    > The InterNeil MCNGP XXX

    He should put that on his resume.

    Frisbee®, Sep 15, 2008
  14. Paul Smith

    Neil Guest

    did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    > Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    >> did you hear
    >> =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgUC4gUm9iYmlucywgSnIuIE1TSVMsIENJVCBGYWN1bHR5?=

    <James
    >> P. Robbins, Jr. MSIS, CIT > say in
    >>
    >>> Hi Paul: I am not MCSE yet but have taught college courses to prep
    >>> for MCSE for about 7 years now.

    >> YIKES!
    >>
    >> The InterNeil MCNGP XXX
    >>

    > "I'm not an MCSE but I play one on TV."
    >
    > Wow. Just wow.

    Flip side, a) he won't be teaching THAT out of MOC and (b) it's highly
    unlikely he would hold his MCT.

    --
    the InterNeil MCNGP XXX

    Neil, Sep 15, 2008