    Can anyone let me know what test(s) I need to take to change a MCSE2003
    Certification to MCITP (Enterprise Admin)?

    Thanks in advance...

    ikky, Jan 2, 2010

  2. ikky

    John R Guest

    "ikky" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Guys and Gals,
    >
    > Can anyone let me know what test(s) I need to take to change a MCSE2003
    > Certification to MCITP (Enterprise Admin)?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...

    So, you have MCSE 2003 and you *don't* know how to find this information?
    Wow... Just wow!

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcse.aspx#tab4

    Click on the 'Upgrade Paths' link.

    John R.

    John R, Jan 2, 2010

  3. ikky

    ikky Guest

    "John R" wrote:

    > So, you have MCSE 2003 and you *don't* know how to find this information?
    > Wow... Just wow!
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcse.aspx#tab4
    >
    > Click on the 'Upgrade Paths' link.
    >
    > John R.

    Sure, I saw that. Doesn't mean that that is the only way to 'upgrade' to
    MCITP-EA.
    Thanks for the response.

    ikky, Jan 4, 2010
  4. ikky

    John R Guest

    "ikky" <> wrote in message
    > "John R" wrote:
    >>
    >> So, you have MCSE 2003 and you *don't* know how to find this information?
    >> Wow... Just wow!
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcse.aspx#tab4
    >>
    >> Click on the 'Upgrade Paths' link.
    >>
    >> John R.

    > Sure, I saw that. Doesn't mean that that is the only way to 'upgrade' to
    > MCITP-EA.
    > Thanks for the response.

    I guess my question then is, what is your definition of "upgrade"?

    My definition would be to take less tests than what would normally be
    required from scratch to achieve the same result, based on the fact that you
    already have MCSE.

    If you look at the requirements page for MCITP:EA, you'll see that you need
    4 TSs, 3 of which you can earn by taking 70-649 (or you can take those three
    separately, hardly an 'upgrade').

    After that, you'll need 70-620 or 70-624 or 70-680. As part of your MCSE
    you may or may not already have one of those.

    Then, the last requirement would be the Pro exam, 70-647.

    So, if you follow that page, to earn MCITP:EA from MCSE, you'll need 2 tests
    for sure, plus one more if you don't already have that. The normal path to
    MCITP:EA without MCSE would be six tests (since 70-647 is useless without
    MCSE).

    You claim that (though inference) there might be another way to 'upgrade'.
    If there was a shorter path, don't you think Microsoft would have published
    it on the page?

    If your definition of 'upgrade' is simply obtaining MCITP:EA, you can see
    that there are multiple paths, the shortest of which is 2 or 3 tests, the
    longest of which is 6.

    I'm not trying to be a wise arse, but what more information did you need or
    think you'd find since all of the information you need is right there on
    that page? Had you already seen that, as you claim, you would not have
    asked your question as you did.

    Further, a quick glance at your certification planner would have also
    supplied all of the answers/options to your question prior to your asking.
    You do know where to find that, don't you?

    John R.

    John R, Jan 6, 2010
  5. ikky

    John R Guest

    > If you look at the requirements page for MCITP:EA, you'll see that you
    > need 4 TSs, 3 of which you can earn by taking 70-649 (or you can take
    > those three separately, hardly an 'upgrade').

    ... snip ..

    > So, if you follow that page, to earn MCITP:EA from MCSE, you'll need 2
    > tests for sure, plus one more if you don't already have that. The normal
    > path to MCITP:EA without MCSE would be six tests (since 70-647 is useless
    > without MCSE).

    Obviously, I meant 70-649 is useless without MCSE. Typo, sorry.

    John R.

    John R, Jan 7, 2010