    still use w2000 servers..Please help..

    Thanks

    Tuan

    tuan, Oct 20, 2003

  2. tuan

    rathore Guest

    Upgrade Exam For an MCSA on Windows 2000 to MCSE2003 :-

    Networking: An MCSA on Windows 2000 has the option to take Exam 70-292
    instead of Exams 70-290 and 70-291. However, Exams 70-293 and 70-294
    are still required.

    Client: An MCSA on Windows 2000 has already passed Exam 70-210 or
    70-270, which also satisfies the client requirement for MCSE on Windows
    Server 2003; therefore, no action is required.

    Design: The MCSA certification does not require candidates to prove
    design skills. To attain the MCSE on Windows Server 2003 certification,
    you must pass a design exam listed in the certification requirements
    above.

    Elective: Elective exams are required so that candidates prove
    technical breadth, interoperability skills, or additional technical
    depth. For an MCSA on Windows 2000, the MCSA credential itself
    satisfies the elective requirement for MCSE on Windows Server 2003
    because it proves the ability to administer another version of the
    platform; therefore, no further action is required.

    An MCSA on Windows 2000 simply needs to pass Exam 70-292 to earn the
    MCSA on Windows Server 2003 credential. There are no additional core or
    elective exam requirements for an MCSA on Windows 2000 who passes Exam
    70-292.

    Upgrade Exam For an MCSA on Windows 2000 to MCSA2003:-

    Networking: An MCSA on Windows 2000 has the option to take Exam 70-292
    instead of the two core network exams. However, an MCSA on Windows 2000
    can choose to take both core network exams.

    Client: An MCSA on Windows 2000 has already passed Exam 70-210 or
    70-270, which also satisfies the client requirement for MCSA on Windows
    Server 2003; therefore, no further action is required.

    Elective: Elective exams are required so that candidates prove
    technical breadth, interoperability skills, or additional technical
    depth. For an MCSA on Windows 2000, the current MCSA credential
    satisfies the elective requirement for Windows Server 2003 because it
    proves the ability to support another version of the platform;
    therefore, no further action is required.

    Upgrade Exam For an MCSE 2000 to MCSE2003 :-

    Networking: An MCSE on Windows 2000 has the option to take only Exams
    70-292 and 70-296, instead of all four core network exams; however, an
    MCSE on Windows 2000 can elect to take all four core network exams.

    Client: An MCSE on Windows 2000 has already passed Exam 70-210 or
    70-270, which also satisfies the client requirement for MCSE on Windows
    Server 2003; therefore, no action is required.

    Design: The design skills required of an MCSE on Windows Server 2003 do
    not differ significantly from those required of an MCSE on Windows
    2000; therefore, no action is required.

    Elective: Elective exams are required so that candidates prove
    technical breadth, interoperability skills, or additional technical
    depth. For MCSEs on Windows 2000, the current MCSE credential satisfies
    the elective requirement for Windows Server 2003 because it proves the
    ability to support another version of the platform; therefore, no
    further action is required.

    As ur company is still running win2000, it would be better if u start
    from MCSE/MCSA2000 & later upgrade to MCSA/MCSE 2003

    ---
    Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
    View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1025686.html
    rathore

    rathore's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=119933

    rathore, Oct 20, 2003

  3. tuan

    Batman Guest

    "Unexpected arrival of my new baby" Last time I looked you got 9 months
    notice!!

    Robin, where art thou?

    Batman, Oct 20, 2003
  4. tuan

    Kendal Emery Guest

    he just thought his wife was getting fat.....

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Oct 20, 2003
  5. tuan

    pulse Guest

    > he just thought his wife was getting fat...
    >
    > > "Unexpected arrival of my new baby" Last time I looked you got 9 months
    > > notice!!
    > > >
    > > > I did my MCSE course last year and have not done the exam.
    > > > Due to an unexpected arrival of my new baby. So I have to
    > > > put on hold for a while. I am currently working in IT re
    > > > Telecommunication. I am just woundering is mcse2000 is
    > > > still useful or I have to update to mcsa2003. At work we
    > > > still use w2000 servers..Please help..

    Be nice now, guys.. But please do explain Tuan.. :)

    If you haven't taken any exams yet, go the 2003 track. Else (if you are mcsa
    2000), you can finish the 2000 track and then upgrade. 2000 servers and
    workstations are and will still be used for a good while..

    pulse, Oct 20, 2003
  6. tuan

    Kendal Emery Guest

    You are right, I should have given a little help too.....

    If you are using 2000 at work, I would stay with the 2000 track for now,
    then do the upgrade later. Seems to me you would serve your company needs
    better that way.

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Oct 20, 2003
  7. tuan

    Guest Guest

    Thats not true, the 70-296 takes the place of 70-293 and
    70-294.

    ---------------

    Guest, Oct 22, 2003
  8. tuan

    tuan Guest

    Thank you very much for your advise

    tuan, Oct 22, 2003
  9. tuan

    tuan Guest

    That sound logical 2 me 2 I will stay with 2000 and do an
    upgrad as require..thanks

    tuan, Oct 22, 2003
  10. tuan

    Tuan Guest

    thank you vere very much for your time. I took a print out
    of your responsed its was very details and it help me a
    lot. I will get on with w2000 then do an upgrad when I
    have time or when my company upgrad the server. thank you
    again.

    Tuan, Oct 22, 2003
  11. tuan

    Guest Guest

    Hi

    for now it not really important to me, but will cross that
    path when I get there..IFFFFFFFFFFF I ever get
    there..Thanks any way

    Guest, Oct 22, 2003