    meain,but it is hard,we cast time to read question more
    than answer,so it is unfair to me,to chinese!we need fair
    play,we need take exam in our mother language!

    zhenghua, Sep 4, 2003

  2. zhenghua

    Maestro Guest

    I agree! My recommendation is to stop taking these exams
    until they come out in your native tongue! Encourage
    everyone you know to do the same!

    Regards,

    Maestro, Sep 4, 2003

  3. zhenghua

    S. O'Brien Guest

    ouch... thats harsh!! I agree that there should be more than one language
    set up for these exams but surely this guy should not boycot his dream (or
    work choice - however you want to word it) just because Microsoft has
    decided to write these exams in english.

    I would suggest writing a strongly worded letter to in
    his native language stating his objections and request some type of
    assistance or ruling on only-english exams. Surely there must be an answer
    somewhere. But then again, we ARE talking about Microsoft... they do what
    they please.

    Has anyone ever heard of anything legal with MS doing this? Is there any
    assistance for a guy who needs assistance understanding?

    I went to college with a guy who was French and he took very long taking his
    exams due to the language barrier. He could read, speak, and write English
    quite well but with the technical explanations he needed a little extra time
    and, of course, MS does not allow this. I am sure he failed a few exams
    because of running out of time, but I could not say that for sure. I think
    there was at least one exam (216?) that time ran out on him about 3/4's of
    the way thru. However, this guy was very brilliant so maybe he did pass
    because he managed to get a lot right in the portion that he did complete.
    Surely there is some recourse for those in these circumstances?

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    S. O'Brien, Sep 4, 2003
  4. zhenghua

    billyw Guest

    yup i agree..
    i will from now on boycott all exams in chinese.
    but then if you are content to take "english speaking" jobs, u may as well
    learn the lingo

    billyw, Sep 4, 2003
  5. zhenghua

    billyw Guest

    tough luck i say..
    i speak english fluently... they are getting our jobs.. let them speak the
    bloody language i say.. that way i can tell them when i'm going to fart in
    their general direction

    billyw, Sep 4, 2003
  6. zhenghua

    S. O'Brien Guest

    I meant for him being certified in China... I mean if he didnt like to speak
    english, why would he work anywhere where English is the predominant
    language?

    S. O'Brien, Sep 4, 2003
  7. zhenghua

    Maestro Guest

    Sue,

    You sound like the people running the state I live in
    (CA). To the best of my knowledge all Microsoft exams are
    written in english. Many before this guy have managed to
    pass. He hates english so Microsoft should write the test
    in Chinese just for him. I think it's the other way
    around. If he wants to take the exams, then become
    proficient in English. Hundreds of thousands of IT jobs
    have gone (or are on their way) offshore and now you want
    to make sure we make it easier for them to do their jobs
    so that the corporations don't have to bring them back
    home? I know this isn't his fault, but nonetheless I'm
    baffled!?!

    Maestro, Sep 6, 2003