    Kevin Guest

    Is MCSE really tat good? I plan 2 take but i scare after
    i invest so much n get nothing back.... any opinion?
    Kevin, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Kevin

    Andy Foster Guest

    "Kevin" <> wrote in message
    news:00ef01c3679b$4f67a450$...
    > Is MCSE really tat good? I plan 2 take but i scare after
    > i invest so much n get nothing back.... any opinion?

    If you have relevant commercial experience, the MCSE can help your career.
    Otherwise, it's worth slightly less than Enron shares.

    HTH

    Andy
    Andy Foster, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Kevin

    Lady Guest

    MCSE is a requirement for my job. So, while it may not necessarily get you a
    position, the lack of it may very well prevent you from getting the job you
    want.

    Lady, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Kevin

    S. O'Brien Guest

    yes... everyone knows that you need MCSE to get that entry level phone tech
    position... sad but true

    S. O'Brien, Aug 21, 2003
  5. Kevin

    Consultant Guest

    hey lady sue

    Consultant, Aug 21, 2003
  6. Kevin

    S. O'Brien Guest

    hiya pest... I see you're still the dog around here... lol been watchin...
    just dont have much to add these days... you know why... but things are
    changin... got new textbook for 2k3 and may actually study it eventually
    lol. well I got partway thru it. Did you get a copy of Laura's book? When
    you gonna send it to me???? hehehe

    yeah I'm broke still lol... I should get a job huh? HA!! I got offered a
    job the other day and I almost pissed myself laughing at them... they
    offered me $7/hr (Cdn) to do Customer Support... not even Tech... I told
    them I think my resume went to the wrong dept!!! lol... Scary huh?

    --
    Sue MCNGP # 69 <--- only the best for me

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    S. O'Brien, Aug 21, 2003
  7. Kevin

    Consultant Guest

    still here. reading lots on 2k3, looks sweet. got a 2k3 box at home too,
    lots of fun. looks like i have another imposter who is posting as me and
    posting as my nemesis trying to turn me in, yeah whatever, lol

    Consultant, Aug 22, 2003
  8. Kevin

    S. O'Brien Guest

    Well we havent heard from Steve-o in a long time... and who was the guy
    impersonating me? Mikey somebody? lol well I suppose some kids must
    play.... "The truth is out there" lol!!!!!!!

    --
    Sue MCNGP # 69

    S. O'Brien, Aug 22, 2003
  9. Kevin

    Herb Martin Guest

    Also tell him that it's worth what he makes of it.

    Just using it to force myself to learn parts of the products
    that I would not have learned (or learned much later) has
    paid me back for every bit of effort and money.

    If he means "money" then many companies will give him
    a 'boost' on his annual performance review (if he reminds
    them and sells it). Typical is as much as 1/2 to a full point
    on most 5 point enterprise review systems.

    A boost in pay at hiring is possible too -- HR departments
    have a table of pay ranges for each job, based on things
    like "industry experience", education, certifications, etc.

    The hiring manager can seldom vary your initial offer outside
    this range so if HR ups the range by 1-10K for an MCSE
    you stand to benefit.

    Also note on Performance Reviews -- your boss might really
    love your work and just need something to prove to other managers
    that YOU get the higher rating/raise, as many companies force
    managers to negotiate with other managers for such things.

    In other words, if you are doing a louse job it wouldn't help but
    if you are performing well it gives both you AND your manager
    more ammunition.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Aug 29, 2003
  10. Kevin

    Lady Guest

    I TOTALLY agree with you. My initial salary was set based on my degree and
    certifications. But my later raises were a combination of additional certs
    and performance.

    Lady, Aug 29, 2003
  11. Kevin

    Lady Guest

    That's good information. I'll pass it on.

    Lady, Aug 30, 2003