    got 3 different answers on what is required - are there
    any MCTs who would like to tell me what they did to get
    the MCT Status?
    bobc, Sep 14, 2003

  2. You should have received an email with the following instructions on how to
    order your welcome kit. If not, send an email to . The
    MCT requirements can be found here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mct/guide/

    1. Log on with your .NET Passport to the MCP secure website.
    2. Select Welcome Kits from the Program Benefits menu.
    3. Check your shipping address carefully. If you need to make changes to
    your shipping address, click to the Profile Editor.
    4. After making changes (if applicable), return to the Welcome Kits page and
    submit the form.

    You will receive your Welcome Kit within four-to-six weeks of verifying and
    submitting your correct shipping address. Welcome Kits will not be shipped
    without a confirmed address.

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    newsgroup purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Sep 14, 2003

  3. bobc

    Lady Guest

    In addition to your MCSE, you need two things:

    1. Attend a MOC class at a CTEC (at least 3 day class) taught by an MCT.

    2. Your choice of earning CTT+ or taking a CTT+ Train-The-Trainer at a CTEC
    taught by a CTT+ Instructor.

    Once you have that, on the MCP Secure site, complete the MCT Enrollment Tool
    and mail both certificates to the address they email you when they
    acknowledge receipt of your application.

    Though I still plan to earn my CTT+, I chose the Train The Trainer class so
    I could get my MCT faster. When they emailed me confirming my MCT status -
    they back-dated it to the day I completed the application.

    Lady, Sep 14, 2003
  4. bobc

    Maestro Guest

    Microsoft's website has the devinitive answer to what's
    required to earn all of their certifications, including
    becoming an MCT.

    Maestro, Sep 15, 2003
  5. bobc

    Maestro Guest

    Lady,

    It's really not necessary to spoon feed every question you
    choose to answer. In this particular case you could have
    done him a greater service if you had just told him where
    he can find the information. I personally an a little
    alarmed that this person has earned an MCSE, want's to
    become an MCT, but doesn't even know where to find the
    requirements to become an MCT. Is this the person you
    would want teaching you?

    Maestro, Sep 15, 2003
  6. "Maestro" <> wrote in message
    > Lady,
    >
    > It's really not necessary to spoon feed every question you
    > choose to answer. In this particular case you could have
    > done him a greater service if you had just told him where
    > he can find the information.

    It's a maternal instinct kind of thing, I think.

    > I personally an a little
    > alarmed that this person has earned an MCSE, want's to
    > become an MCT, but doesn't even know where to find the
    > requirements to become an MCT. Is this the person you
    > would want teaching you?

    I think Lady wants to be the teacher.

    Teachers make the best lovers... they make you keep doing it until you get
    it right.

    --
    Fris "That was no lady, that was my wife" beeĀ® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Sep 15, 2003
  7. bobc

    Maestro Guest

    Perhaps your abilities are not questionable, but based on
    the question asked one has to wonder. In any case the
    point still stand that Microsoft has the definitive answer
    on what's required to become an MCT. If the regional
    centers are not sure, my first thought would be to start
    looking elsewhere (if geographically possible).

    Maestro, Sep 17, 2003