    I am looking at several different companies that offer MCSE training
    over the web as well as books and CD's. Does anyone out there have a
    minute and let me know their experiences with self study methods?
    Gene Jason, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Gene Jason

    CJ Guest

    I've done well with CBT Nuggets and my home network. The CBT Nuggets alone
    are not enough to cover the exam materials, however. Nonetheless, they are
    a wonderful supplement to study. I also used MS Press.

    Carolina

    CJ, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Gene Jason

    Damon Guest

    Let me start off with this: I am a tech instructor (MCT
    among other things). So I am biased! However, one comment
    students have made to me deals with having an experienced
    instructor in the room - someone whom you can ask questions
    of, hear real-world examples from and who can tie things
    together in a more meaningful way than books/CBTs can.

    My recommendation to many students has been a mixed
    approach - CBTs, study guides and instructor-led training.

    Just a thought.
    Damon

    Damon, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Gene Jason

    ROwdy Yates Guest

    (Gene Jason) wrote in

    > I am looking at several different companies that offer MCSE training
    > over the web as well as books and CD's. Does anyone out there have a
    > minute and let me know their experiences with self study methods?

    when i started taking tests, exams e.t.c.. i went with a training
    facility, instructor led etc...

    now i don't use them. i just buy a book and study on my own. i find i get
    more out of studying & reading on my own.

    if you have the interest & drive to read boring IT books on your own time,
    i would suggest save your cash and do it on your own. some of the training
    facilities cost a lot of money. you can get a lot of books dirt cheap or
    even free sometimes.

    good luck.

    --
    Rowdy Yates