MCSE training kit for 70-215 Practice Session problem!!

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by D Poulton, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. D Poulton

    D Poulton Guest

    I'm quite new to W2K and am working thru the MS Training
    book for exam 70-215. I have the evaluation version of
    W2K Server installed as per the previous practice
    sessions of the book and my hardware and specs all meet
    the requirements for the sessions. I'm stuck on Chapter
    3 page 114 during the file copy phase of the Setup
    Manager Wizard where you create a distribution folder for
    an unattended setup.

    At the point where you tell it to copy the dist files
    from the CD to your newly created Win2000dist folder, the
    error "Setup Manager cannot determine free space
    available on \\Server01\Win2000dist\. Error#1231. The
    network location cannot be reached."

    When I OK this message a further message appears "There
    is not enough space available on the \\Server01
    \Win2000dist drive to holdthe setup files. 312MB are
    needed and 0MB are available."

    I have double checked my initial setup of the evaluation
    version of W2K Server as per the training book, and also
    appear to have plenty of spare disk space available in C:
    so I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. Can anyone
    help me out please, any thoughts would be much
    appreciated as I'm keen to get thru this book and take
    the exam. 70-210 presented no problems when I worked
    thru it but I am really a 'beginner' still so it may be
    something simple or obvious! Many thanks.
    D Poulton, Jul 20, 2004

  2. D Poulton

    nerd32768 Guest

    "D Poulton" <> wrote in message
    > I'm quite new to W2K and am working thru the MS Training
    > book for exam 70-215. I have the evaluation version of
    > W2K Server installed as per the previous practice
    > sessions of the book and my hardware and specs all meet
    > the requirements for the sessions. I'm stuck on Chapter
    > 3 page 114 during the file copy phase of the Setup
    > Manager Wizard where you create a distribution folder for
    > an unattended setup.
    >
    > At the point where you tell it to copy the dist files
    > from the CD to your newly created Win2000dist folder, the
    > error "Setup Manager cannot determine free space
    > available on \\Server01\Win2000dist\. Error#1231. The
    > network location cannot be reached."
    >
    > When I OK this message a further message appears "There
    > is not enough space available on the \\Server01
    > \Win2000dist drive to holdthe setup files. 312MB are
    > needed and 0MB are available."
    >
    > I have double checked my initial setup of the evaluation
    > version of W2K Server as per the training book, and also
    > appear to have plenty of spare disk space available in C:
    > so I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. Can anyone
    > help me out please, any thoughts would be much
    > appreciated as I'm keen to get thru this book and take
    > the exam. 70-210 presented no problems when I worked
    > thru it but I am really a 'beginner' still so it may be
    > something simple or obvious! Many thanks.

    Please do not multipost. crossposting works much better, and most of the
    people in this newsgroup wont answer your question. if you want the answer,
    stick to the MCSA newsgroup.
    nerd32768, Jul 20, 2004

  3. D Poulton

    Guest Guest