    suggestions on the types and quantities of hw I need to
    purchase?

    Thanks!

    Ethan, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Ethan

    Consultant Guest

    just get a bunch of used pc's with a decent amount of ram
    try www.ebay.com

    Consultant, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Ethan

    billyw Guest

    remember and get a few copies of win 2k server.
    you get eval versions in the back of MS press books and also directly from
    MS. altho dont know the situation with 2k3 coming out

    billyw, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Ethan

    Novelldude Guest

    At least 3 machines would be best. That way you can set
    up a couple of servers and still have a machine to load
    as a client. This way you can play with replication,
    GPO's and a host of other stuff. The third machine just
    gives you a great amount of flexibility when trying to
    build up labs to dink around with different tech.

    If you have some cash, you might look at VMWare as well.
    Great product that will allow you to build a LAN in a
    can. One physical machine can host up to 4 virtual
    servers with the workstation version of the software.
    Kind of pricy at $300 (i think), but when you look at TCO
    it's cheaper and faster to load than having lots of
    hardware.

    Novelldude, Jul 7, 2003