    I just read what I wrote, and I know it may come off
    wrong to some, but I'm genuine in my inquiry, and I don't
    know how else I'd phrase it!

    David, Jul 17, 2003

  2. David

    billyw Guest

    think of this...
    what do think of someone that adds mcse after his name...
    i know what i think..
    so if you have to ask the question it's a fair bet that you are concerned
    about the reaction...
    i wouldn't bother with it.. people that dont know what it is couldn't care
    less and those that do in most cases will laugh..

    billyw, Jul 17, 2003

  3. "billyw" <> wrote in message
    > think of this...
    > what do think of someone that adds mcse after his name...
    > i know what i think..
    > so if you have to ask the question it's a fair bet that you are concerned
    > about the reaction...
    > i wouldn't bother with it.. people that dont know what it is couldn't care
    > less and those that do in most cases will laugh..

    This coming from a guy who can't even capitalize his own name.

    --
    Fris "Where's your sense of pride, man?" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jul 17, 2003
  4. David

    billyw Guest

    huh..

    you wan' fries wid that FFFris?

    billyw, Jul 17, 2003
  5. David

    KLXrider Guest

    Fries!
    http://sherm.20megsfree.com/burgerking.swf

    KLXrider, Jul 17, 2003
  6. David

    Zenner Guest

    It depends...I see nothing pretentious in placing it on a business card or
    discreetly, following MS guidelines, in a footer or letterhead, on
    correspondence to your clients, if you are a consultant. I would question if
    it were appropriate if you consistently found a way to work it into every
    conversation you had, even with total strangers.

    I have no shame in completing my certifications. They were earned and
    reflect an achievement in my chosen field. Rather, I would wonder if someone
    didn't revel their certifications, when appropriate. Might it be they do not
    want the expectations of competence that an honestly achieved certification
    carries? Yes, there are a number of people that are not quite at the caliber
    which is expected...but every Lawyer is not Perry Mason, nor every Doctor
    brain surgeon. Just because a master chess champion is not "unbeaten"
    doesn't distract from his achieving a master or Grand master designation.
    Achieving any level of certification, technical, academic, peer review, etc.
    is validation that someone (other than yourself) thinks you have displayed
    some skill above the common level, to me, that is worthy of a sense of
    pride.

    Maybe an unpopular opinion in this Newsgroup, but if you earned it, I say
    display it. Most of the derision I have seen seems to come from people who
    have been in the business since MCSE meant "NT", which wasn't as difficult,
    in hindsight, as they would have you believe...there were just few of them
    at the time and the money was better, because MS was fighting to be a
    serious player in the server arena. The other main group are people too
    busy, too lazy or for various reasons unwilling to put in the time, effort,
    study or expense to get their own certifications. It wouldn't it be
    wonderful if you could walk into a job interview and have some way of
    establishing your credentials,? Wouldn't the manager be thrilled to know
    that a perspective new hire has at least minimum skills, before investing
    his time in an extended interview, just to find out the candidate has no
    idea of how to handle abnormal conditions in a server, network or
    application? Oh, he does...if you have achieved your certifications.

    One of the things that seems to come up way to often in this Newsgroup is
    requests for "how do I check on a claimed MCP, MCSA or MCSE status" also,
    especially in the last few months, are way too many questions from MCSE-NT
    holders on what steps they need to upgrade to 2000 or 2003 status. Does that
    really sound like employers are not requesting and giving credit for
    certifications? Unfortunately, they don't want to pay the premium that your
    effort should demand, but that's a product of the current economic climate
    and the oversupply of technicians from the E-business fallout. Your cert
    does have worth and it will become more important as you gather exposure and
    experience in the field.

    Zenner, Jul 17, 2003