    email).

    Cheers,

    Paul

    Paul Mathieu, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Paul Mathieu

    Noob Guest

    of people
    >from my area to study with (Ottawa, Ontario). I have

    several years of
    >industry experience and I'm also CCNA certified. So, if

    you are
    >serious about passing these exams and interested in

    having a study
    >partner, drop me a line back and we'll go from there

    (please reply via
    >email).
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Paul
    >.

    In What country is this Ottawa, Ontario. Canada I'm
    guessing from the use of an email address in a newsgroup
    post. Now be honest, you don't have that much experience
    do you.

    Is this bottom posting better CBIC"
    <> or what ever you call yourself.
    Seriously what is the bid deal with this? Or are you to
    poor to afford a scroll mouse.

    Noob, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Paul Mathieu

    noob Guest

    And what exactly dose trolling mean? Or more importantly
    do people posting in this newsgroup mean when they call
    someone a troll (and don't give me this living under a
    bridge stuff).

    noob, Mar 16, 2005
  4. Paul Mathieu

    CBIC Guest

    > Is this bottom posting better CBIC"
    > <> or what ever you call yourself.
    > Seriously what is the bid deal with this?

    The big deal is called newsgroup etiquette. But if you want to look like a
    clueless noob keep it up. It's working for you so far.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Mar 16, 2005
  5. Paul Mathieu

    CBIC Guest

    > And what exactly dose trolling mean?
    You should know, you're doing it right now.

    Or more importantly
    > do people posting in this newsgroup mean when they call
    > someone a troll (and don't give me this living under a
    > bridge stuff).

    You've been reading too many children's stories, troll.

    CBIC, Mar 16, 2005
  6. Paul Mathieu

    noob Guest

    OK, my deepest apologies CBIC. I will try and learn some
    newsgroup etiquette. I hope I haven't upset you to much by
    top posting and asking what a newsgroup troll is. When I
    have worked out what I am typing that is considered
    trolling I will stop.

    noob, Mar 16, 2005
  7. Paul Mathieu

    NOOB Guest

    And yes I am a clueless noob but No I don't plan on
    keeping it up. It hasn't worked that well for me so far,
    noon of my questions have been properly answered.

    Why don't you make a start but answering me this question:
    What is a good newsgroup reader to use at home (were I
    control the ports, well everything.. Evil laugh ha haha
    hhahahahaha) I know I can Google newsgroup reader or use
    outlook express but I wont to know from your experience
    what one you would recommend me use.

    Thanks in advance.
    Trying to think up a better handle then noob.

    NOOB, Mar 16, 2005
  8. Paul Mathieu

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "noob" <> say in

    > hen I
    > have worked out what I am typing that is considered
    > trolling I will stop.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll&r=f

    if neccessary please pass the pliers

    --
    Neil (benefit of a doubt commitee) MCNGP#30

    - Conservative: A liberal who just got mugged.

    Neil, Mar 16, 2005
  9. Paul Mathieu

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "NOOB" <> say in

    > It hasn't worked that well for me so far,
    > noon of my questions have been properly answered.

    I don't recall the question?

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Fools rush in... and get the best seats.

    Neil, Mar 16, 2005
  10. Paul Mathieu

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Noob" <> say in

    > In What country is this Ottawa, Ontario. Canada I'm
    > guessing from the use of an email address in a newsgroup
    > post. Now be honest, you don't have that much experience
    > do you.

    WHAT!?! lesee here, unaware and...

    http://www.phule.net/mirrors/unskilled-and-unaware.html

    > Is this bottom posting better CBIC"
    > <> or what ever you call yourself.
    > Seriously what is the bid deal with this? Or are you to
    > poor to afford a scroll mouse.

    ok, if you were posting using a real newsreader instead of using the
    interweb, you would at least get some points. try grabbing XNews or
    something. I really don't have Top/Bottom posting issues. Outlook Express
    (HEY THAT ONE WORKS TOO) top posts by default, XNews and most other
    newsreaders bottom post. Many feel that the logical place to add a
    commment is after you have read the post. Since you read top down, teh
    comments should go at the bottom. As for the "what is..." question.
    Google is your freind.

    here:
    http://www.mcngp.com/modules.php?
    op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=1

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/6kzma

    and download a real newsreader (for free no less)

    --
    Neil "Where do they come from?" MCNGP#30

    - What happens if you're on the phone when opportunity knocks?

    Neil, Mar 16, 2005
  11. Paul Mathieu

    Neil Guest

    did you hear (Paul Mathieu) say in

    > I'm aiming to pass it and, thus, am looking for a couple of people
    > from my area to study with (Ottawa, Ontario). I have several years of
    > industry experience and I'm also CCNA certified. So, if you are
    > serious about passing these exams and interested in having a study
    > partner, drop me a line back and we'll go from there (please reply via
    > email).
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Paul

    Paul since the group is so diverse for locations you might want to hook
    up with a local users group or with a CTEC or college in Ottawa.
    Personally, the drive from Niagara Falls woudl be somewhat prohibative to
    my attending ;)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

    Neil, Mar 16, 2005
  12. Paul Mathieu

    NOOB Guest

    1. troll
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a
    newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing
    maximum disruption and argument

    Disruption was not on prepuce,
    Argument maybe a little. this is healthy though, you cant
    be happy all the time

    NOOB, Mar 16, 2005
  13. Paul Mathieu

    Noob Guest

    Thanks Neil will try Xnews next week as tomorrow is St
    Paddy's day so will hopefully be heading to the pub
    straight after work for a 3 day drinking session but
    knowing my luck I will be called in on Friday. EVERYONE
    HAVE A VERY HAPPY SAINT PATRICKS DAY.

    Noob, Mar 16, 2005
  14. Paul Mathieu

    NOOB Guest

    yeah doesn't matter anymore I cant remember either

    NOOB, Mar 16, 2005
  15. Paul Mathieu

    CBIC Guest

    > OK, my deepest apologies CBIC. I will try and learn some
    > newsgroup etiquette. I hope I haven't upset you to much by
    > top posting and asking what a newsgroup troll is. When I
    > have worked out what I am typing that is considered
    > trolling I will stop.

    Top posting isn't a big deal but some people get bent out of shape about it.
    I'm just trying to rattle your cage a little. I mean what good is having a
    noob around if I can't torment it.

    CBIC, Mar 16, 2005
  16. Paul Mathieu

    CBIC Guest

    Neil wrote:
    > did you hear "noob" <> say in
    >
    >> hen I
    >> have worked out what I am typing that is considered
    >> trolling I will stop.
    >>

    > http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll&r=f
    >
    > if neccessary please pass the pliers

    Neil- I must request that you stop spoon feeding the noob/troll. If you
    continue he/it will just keep coming back.

    CBIC, Mar 16, 2005
  17. Paul Mathieu

    CBIC Guest

    > Disruption was not on prepuce,
    > Argument maybe a little. this is healthy though, you cant
    > be happy all the time

    I agree. People who are too happy are irritating.

    CBIC, Mar 16, 2005
  18. Paul Mathieu

    CBIC Guest

    > And yes I am a clueless noob but No I don't plan on
    > keeping it up.

    So that means you intend to continue posting. Great

    It hasn't worked that well for me so far,
    > noon of my questions have been properly answered.

    Which question?

    > Why don't you make a start but answering me this question:
    > What is a good newsgroup reader to use at home (were I
    > control the ports, well everything.. Evil laugh ha haha
    > hhahahahaha) I know I can Google newsgroup reader or use
    > outlook express but I wont to know from your experience
    > what one you would recommend me use.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Trying to think up a better handle then noob.

    I use OE with quotefix. I like it. I tried XNews for 5 minutes. It made me
    feel stupid. I found it to be enigmatic. But I get easily distracted by
    shiny things too. Good luck in thinking about a new handle. How about FNG
    (Fukcing New Guy)

    CBIC, Mar 16, 2005
  19. Paul Mathieu

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in

    > Neil- I must request that you stop spoon feeding the noob/troll. If you
    > continue he/it will just keep coming back.

    If they are willing to be a baby, I don't mind spoon feeding.

    hopefully the use of the urban dictionary site will allow him to
    RESEARCH!!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - C:\MODERATOR.EXE \EXPLOSIVE.FUSE \RUNFAST.FAR

    Neil, Mar 16, 2005
  20. Paul Mathieu

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in

    > I mean what good is having a
    > noob around if I can't torment it.

    and a self admitted n00b at that...

    (all he's missing is the "kick me" sign on his back)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Cats *are* smarter than dogs. You can't get 8 cats to pull a sled.

    Neil, Mar 16, 2005