MCSE status

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Paul, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hello all,

    I've been out of work the last 2 years due to an
    accident I was in and haven't been in touch the
    certification scene lately.

    My question is I became a MCSE in Windows NT 4.0 back in
    July of 1998 and was cusious if I'm still an MCSE or has
    the NT4 MCSEs' been retired?

    Also I am getting ready to enter the job market again
    soon, Lord willing and recently passed W2K Pro and Svr
    exams. Since I was or still maybe an MCSE, am I suppose
    to recieve a welcome kit from Microsoft since passing the
    first W2K test? I'm thinking I should have a new MCP
    status for Windows 2000 Professional, is this correct?

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Paul

    Tom Helms Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/faq.asp

    Tom Helms, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Hi Paul

    You are still an MCSE in NT 4.0, although the exams have now been retired.
    To the best of my knowledge you won't receive a further welcome kit,
    although you have passed the W2K exams. You can now consider yourself an MCP
    in W2K as well as an MCSE in NT 4.0 and put this on your CV. I think you
    will receive a welcome kit if you achieve MCSA in W2K, but don't think you
    would receive a further kit if you get W2K MCSE. You should be able to view
    and print your transcript for all the exams you have passed from the MCP
    secure site; this will be enough to show potential employers.

    Good luck getting back into the job market.

    Andrew Stevens.

    Andrew Stevens, Jul 14, 2003
  4. Paul

    Zenner Guest

    You are eligible for a W2K MCP welcome kit for passing any W2K exam. There
    has been a change, you will need to contact MS and request that it be
    sent...it is no longer automatically forwarded to your listed address (too
    many "claimed lost kits"). You should have received an email notice of the
    status change explaining all this to you within 4 to 6 weeks after your
    achievement.

    You need to visit the Microsoft training and certification site, you can use
    your old MCSE # and apply that with a "Passport" account to enter the
    secure site. If you have problems entering the secure site, just go to the
    public site then find an follow directions on how to resolve the problem.

    Zenner, Jul 14, 2003
  5. Paul

    Dogbert Guest

    Hi Paul

    Why dont you just take the upgrade exams ? I think theres
    just 2 to take if you are already an NT MCSE . You will
    then be a 2000 MCSE.

    Best Regards

    Dogbert, Jul 15, 2003
  6. The upgrade exam from NT to 2000 was only available for a limited time, so I
    think that starting from scratch is the only way for an NT MCSE to become
    2000 MCSE. It will be possible to take 2 exams to go from 2000 to 2003, when
    the exams become available.

    Regards,
    Andrew Stevens.

    Andrew Stevens, Jul 15, 2003