    them. I read some other posts and a lot of people say experience is key too
    and I agree, but is there an edge to choosing one of these over the other?

    Thanks for your help.
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmFuZGxlcg==?=, Jan 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmFuZGxlcg==?=

    LnkWizard Guest

    "chanandler" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I ran a search on the newsgroups and didn't find an answer, so I'll just
    > post my question. I apologize if this is a repost.
    >
    > I just past the 4th test for MCSE in Windows 2000 and now I have to decide
    > which elective to take. I'm wondering if there are any benefits that come
    > with Messaging Specialization vs Security Specialization. Or should I

    skip
    > them. I read some other posts and a lot of people say experience is key

    too
    > and I agree, but is there an edge to choosing one of these over the other?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Security is the hot topic right now

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com is the only site to see on the internet

    LnkWizard, Jan 4, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmFuZGxlcg==?=

    Guest

    The only benefit would be if your job required a specialization. For
    example, you peruse the job listings in your company or metro area and
    notice numerous postings looking for MS Exchange gurus. In that case,
    a messaging specialization would give you an edge and make sense.
    Security is currently a hot topic so it certainly wouldn't be a bad
    idea to pursue it but IMHO, a specialization is not necessary and yes,
    experience is King! :)

    Congrats on your progress and Good Luck!
    MCSE, CCNA, CNE, ASE, Security+
    , Jan 4, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmFuZGxlcg==?=

    T-Bone Guest

    "chanandler" <> wrote

    > I just past the 4th test for MCSE in Windows 2000 and now I have to decide
    > which elective to take. I'm wondering if there are any benefits that come
    > with Messaging Specialization vs Security Specialization.

    Mrs. Bong, I would suggest that you go for whichever you like better, or
    whichever offers jobs in your area. I don't think I've ever seen anyone
    advertise for a specific specialization, but the right one might get your
    resume past HR.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    Friends reference or typo?
    T-Bone, Jan 4, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmFuZGxlcg==?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > Mrs. Bong, I would suggest that you go for whichever you like better, or
    > whichever offers jobs in your area. I don't think I've ever seen anyone
    > advertise for a specific specialization, but the right one might get your
    > resume past HR.

    That's Ms... Chanandler Bong.
    Jtyc, Jan 4, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmFuZGxlcg==?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:%,
    T-Bone <reply2me@thenewsgroup> rambled:

    > Mrs. Bong,

    OFRotD

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    www.mcngp.com is part of a balanced breakfast.
    Ken Briscoe, Jan 4, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmFuZGxlcg==?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in

    >> Mrs. Bong, I would suggest that you go for whichever you like better,
    >> or whichever offers jobs in your area. I don't think I've ever seen
    >> anyone advertise for a specific specialization, but the right one
    >> might get your resume past HR.

    > That's Ms... Chanandler Bong.

    *El Kabong and Baba Louie ride in for the rescue*

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 5, 2005
  8. Thanks for all the good advice!

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmFuZGxlcg==?=, Jan 6, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmFuZGxlcg==?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    chanandler <> rambled: