    Boom.like.that!
    Formerly NT4/3.51 certified, uncerimoniously stripped of rank by Uncle
    Bill....

    =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=, Nov 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=
    <> say in

    > Naturally I would assume the MS website to be
    > correct and the HP site to be wrong, but I would like to verify.
    > Anyone have any experience in this matter?

    I would agree that the MS site is likely correct. If you have questions
    regarding it, you can also mail .

    > Formerly NT4/3.51 certified, uncerimoniously stripped of rank by Uncle
    > Bill....

    Why? The only reason that I can think of that people were stripped of the
    NT4 cert was because of NDA violations. You a dumper, or a dumpee

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Archaeologist: Person whose career lies in ruins.

    Neil, Nov 9, 2006

  3. Stripped back in 2001 because I refused to upgrade to W2k Cert (my employer
    did not migrate our systems to W2k and would not pay for updating my Cert).
    You must not have been around after the turn of the century when people such
    as myself were told that we had to update our certs or lose them, even if we
    were still working with their old clunker systems. Today when I log onto the
    MCP site, it says I have MCP creds, but I no longer have any indication of
    MCSE status. No matter, I am in the process of fixing that by upgrading my
    skill set. Hell, 10 years, its time to get re-trained anyway.

    BTW, I took a few dumps in my time, but never was a "dumpee"! Don't have a
    clue what your asking. LOL!
    --
    Thanks,

    Boom

    =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=, Nov 9, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=

    > Stripped back in 2001 because I refused to upgrade to W2k Cert (my
    > employer did not migrate our systems to W2k and would not pay for
    > updating my Cert). You must not have been around after the turn of
    > the century when people such as myself were told that we had to update
    > our certs or lose them, even if we were still working with their old
    > clunker systems. Today when I log onto the MCP site, it says I have
    > MCP creds, but I no longer have any indication of MCSE status. No
    > matter, I am in the process of fixing that by upgrading my skill set.
    > Hell, 10 years, its time to get re-trained anyway.
    >
    > BTW, I took a few dumps in my time, but never was a "dumpee"! Don't
    > have a clue what your asking. LOL!

    you need to look again at your transcript. Although MS threatened, they
    never actually did decertify the NT 4 MCSEs (unless they violated NDAs).
    Having been through it myself (I also upgraded too) I know that with the
    2000 cert, MS started "versioning" the MCSE cert. you would still be
    considered an MCSE on NT 4 (as am I), but you could not call yourself an
    MCSE on 2000 or 2003.

    look at mine:

    www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/transcripts

    Transcript ID 655074

    Access Code NeilMCSE

    if you look at the top section where the MCSE is listed, you will not
    that I have 4 dates listed for that. I have the initial date that I
    recieved my MCSE (it was on NT 3.51) then goes on to list the date I
    recieved my MCSE "Microsoft Windows NT 4.0", "Microsoft Windows 2000" and
    "Microsoft Windows Server 2003". (brag,brag,brag....)

    You will find that if you get ahold of your transcript, you SHOULD also
    be an MCSE on NT 4. If not, you should drop a line to
    and find out WHY NOT! The only reason that people
    have been decertified since about 99 is that they have cheated (used
    "braindumps", have a look on this group for CertGuard usually listed in
    posts from BD for more on that) and have thus violated the NDA of the
    exams. If you have been decertified for that, they wont LET you take any
    more exams. you are out of it FOR LIFE.

    Still, you should go through and upgrade to something current. This will
    also get you prepped for the next round of exams coming in the next
    couple of years for Vista and Longhorn <VBEG>. Good luck...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - NO CARRIER

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    > did you hear =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=
    > <> say in
    >
    >> Stripped back in 2001 because I refused to upgrade to W2k Cert (my
    >> employer did not migrate our systems to W2k and would not pay for
    >> updating my Cert). You must not have been around after the turn of
    >> the century when people such as myself were told that we had to update
    >> our certs or lose them, even if we were still working with their old
    >> clunker systems. Today when I log onto the MCP site, it says I have
    >> MCP creds, but I no longer have any indication of MCSE status. No
    >> matter, I am in the process of fixing that by upgrading my skill set.
    >> Hell, 10 years, its time to get re-trained anyway.
    >>
    >> BTW, I took a few dumps in my time, but never was a "dumpee"! Don't
    >> have a clue what your asking. LOL!

    > you need to look again at your transcript. Although MS threatened, they
    > never actually did decertify the NT 4 MCSEs (unless they violated NDAs).

    He didn't mention in the above quoted text, but I seem to recall that he
    said he was NT 3.51 certified, not NT 4. Perhaps back then they did strip
    the certs.

    Frisbee®, Nov 10, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in

    > He didn't mention in the above quoted text, but I seem to recall that
    > he said he was NT 3.51 certified, not NT 4. Perhaps back then they
    > did strip the certs.

    "Formerly NT4/3.51 certified, uncerimoniously stripped of rank by Uncle
    Bill...."

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Time is the best teacher; Unfortunately it kills all its students!

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:
    #:

    > Perhaps back then they did strip
    > the certs.

    and yes the 3.51 would have been stripped if no upgrade 18 months after new
    exams released (circa 1998)

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >He didn't mention in the above quoted text, but I seem to recall that he
    >said he was NT 3.51 certified, not NT 4. Perhaps back then they did strip
    >the certs.

    as they did with the wossa and winarch mcsd tracks.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Kline Sphere <.@> say in

    > wossa and winarch

    OMG yer old!

    (did you do both WOSSA I and II?)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Heather Locklear Scratch and Sniff-> [[[[[[[[[[[[[[

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> wossa and winarch
    >
    >OMG yer old!
    >
    >(did you do both WOSSA I and II?)

    neither, did the winarch track though.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TVNUViBXYW5uYWJl?=

    > neither, did the winarch track though.

    yep, ancient

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - "My arm!" said Captain Cook offhandedly.

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006