    Eventhoug it's a killer, it kinda look like it's better to so the Security+
    and then CISSP route. I may develop a brian anyrisn trying to pass the
    CISSP exam, but it ian't rocket science, right?

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Rowdy Yates

    MCSE World Guest

    Why not get Security+ and apply it towards your MCSE: Security? Two for one
    deal.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all. If you were already an MCSE had to make a choice between going for
    > either a the vendor specific MCSE+S or non-vendor specific Security+,

    which

    MCSE World, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Rowdy Yates

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > Hi all. If you were already an MCSE had to make a choice between going for
    > either a the vendor specific MCSE+S or non-vendor specific Security+,

    which
    > one would you choose and why?
    >
    > I was originally going for the MCSE+S, but am having 2nd doubts now.
    > Eventhoug it's a killer, it kinda look like it's better to so the

    Security+
    > and then CISSP route. I may develop a brian anyrisn trying to pass the
    > CISSP exam, but it ian't rocket science, right?

    English is to hard "rocket science" right true?

    I'm juss jerkin' yer chain.
    --

    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 11, 2003
  4. Rowdy Yates

    ajs1976 Guest

    Do both.

    You can use the Sec+ as one of the electives for the
    MCSE+S.

    Andy
    ------------------
    www.icertify.net
    www.mcseworld.com
    www.techexams.net

    ajs1976, Nov 11, 2003
  5. You should choose you certification path. If you choose to be certified in
    security, have CISSP and work in US you should seriously consider are you
    able to get that Security Clearance that is an imperative for most of the
    job postings. Else you job choice will be very reduced. I'm from Europe so I
    don't know about details in US labor market, but here Security Cert-s. are
    still not recognized and respected as they are in the US.

    Davor Dzorlev, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Good point Davor. I have seen the "security clearance" mentioned in a bunch
    of postings. I assume that all it is it them checking to make sure you
    don't have a criminal record e.t.c...right? similar to if you want to be a
    teacher in a high school or elementary school. they need to make sure you
    have a clean record.

    Or am I missing something?

    "Davor Dzorlev" <> wrote in

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 12, 2003
  7. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in

    > English is to hard "rocket science" right true?
    >

    > I'm juss jerkin' yer chain.
    > --

    he..he.. i am using xnews. it's a little more os independent than ms
    express but no "spell check" baby girl.

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 12, 2003
  8. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 12, 2003
  9. Probably it is about that, but as I mentioned I am from Europe, so I don't
    know the details about the requirements for the "security clearance" or "top
    secret clearence" (required for military service), but I surely know that
    this is dedicated for US citizens only, and no foreigner can take that. So
    if you are not US citizen you can not apply for jobs in US, with such
    requirements.

    Davor Dzorlev, Nov 12, 2003