  1. It took a long time but I want to start right now. But how to do this? Server
    2003 could not be the right choice awaiting VISTA soon!

    Any Ideas?
    =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=, Aug 11, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "willi" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It took a long time but I want to start right now. But how to do this?
    > Server
    > 2003 could not be the right choice awaiting VISTA soon!

    Ok!

    > Any Ideas?

    They don't pay me to think.
    Frisbee®, Aug 11, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Guest

    willi wrote:
    > It took a long time but I want to start right now. But how to do this? Server
    > 2003 could not be the right choice awaiting VISTA soon!
    >
    > Any Ideas?

    Vista certs won't be out for at least 2 years (2008). Windows 2003
    will be around and in use for a while...
    , Aug 11, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Thor Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > willi wrote:
    >> It took a long time but I want to start right now. But how to do this?
    >> Server
    >> 2003 could not be the right choice awaiting VISTA soon!
    >>
    >> Any Ideas?

    > Vista certs won't be out for at least 2 years (2008). Windows 2003
    > will be around and in use for a while...

    It's not pining, it's passed on.
    This parrot is no more!
    It has ceased to be.
    It's expired and gone to meet its maker.
    This is a late parrot.
    It's a stiff.
    Bereft of life, it rests in peace.
    If you hadn't nailed it to the perch it would be pushing up the daisies.
    It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible.
    This is an ex-parrot.
    Thor, Aug 13, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:32:11 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:

    > It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible.
    > This is an ex-parrot.

    Lovely plumage, the Norwegian Blue, though?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Aug 14, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Thor Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:32:11 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:
    >
    >> It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible.
    >> This is an ex-parrot.

    > Lovely plumage, the Norwegian Blue, though?

    The plumage don't enter into it - it's stone dead.
    Thor, Aug 14, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear say in news:1155306310.344942.198580
    @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

    > Vista certs won't be out for at least 2 years (2008). Windows 2003
    > will be around and in use for a while...

    I am seriously confused as to how Vista will supercede Windows 2003
    certifications. Now Longhorn exmas might supercede Windows 2003 exams and
    Vista might supercede WinXP exams, but I think we're looking at this all
    wrong.

    MS has not indicated that Windows 2003 exams will expire within the 12
    months (can be verified by chacking the retired exams on the MS site) and
    since Longhorns release date is still suspect, it's likely that the exams
    will be around for quiet some time for 2k3. Since upgrade exams have been
    available in the past, you can surmise they will be in the future.

    If you want to wait around until the next version of exmas are out, you
    will likely be asking a question at that time of "Should I wait for the
    XYZ exams to be released?" again. As my pappy used to say, "pee or get
    off the pot". Or if you'd prefer the Yodda response, "Do or do not, there
    is no try", so either get crackin with the 2k3 exams now or wait the 24
    months and wonder whether you should or shouldn't then.

    CEEEEEEEEEEEEERIPES! I remember seeing that question 5 years ago or more
    with "should I get me MCSE on NT 4 or wait for the Win2000 exams?"

    (and you though I was only reading this froup for the past 3 years)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - My hard disk is full! Maybe I'll try this message section thing.
    Neil, Aug 14, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:07:55 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:

    >>> It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible.
    >>> This is an ex-parrot.

    >> Lovely plumage, the Norwegian Blue, though?
    >>

    > The plumage don't enter into it - it's stone dead.

    It's just restin'.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Aug 14, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:16:58 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:

    > CEEEEEEEEEEEEERIPES! I remember seeing that question 5 years ago or more
    > with "should I get me MCSE on NT 4 or wait for the Win2000 exams?"

    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Aug 14, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Thor Guest

    > did you hear say in news:1155306310.344942.198580
    > @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Vista certs won't be out for at least 2 years (2008). Windows 2003
    >> will be around and in use for a while...
    >>

    > I am seriously confused as to how Vista will supercede Windows 2003
    > certifications. Now Longhorn exmas might supercede Windows 2003 exams and
    > Vista might supercede WinXP exams, but I think we're looking at this all
    > wrong.
    >
    > MS has not indicated that Windows 2003 exams will expire within the 12
    > months (can be verified by chacking the retired exams on the MS site) and
    > since Longhorns release date is still suspect, it's likely that the exams
    > will be around for quiet some time for 2k3. Since upgrade exams have been
    > available in the past, you can surmise they will be in the future.
    >
    > If you want to wait around until the next version of exmas are out, you
    > will likely be asking a question at that time of "Should I wait for the
    > XYZ exams to be released?" again. As my pappy used to say, "pee or get
    > off the pot". Or if you'd prefer the Yodda response, "Do or do not, there
    > is no try", so either get crackin with the 2k3 exams now or wait the 24
    > months and wonder whether you should or shouldn't then.
    >
    > CEEEEEEEEEEEEERIPES! I remember seeing that question 5 years ago or more
    > with "should I get me MCSE on NT 4 or wait for the Win2000 exams?"
    >
    > (and you though I was only reading this froup for the past 3 years)
    >
    > --
    > The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    >
    > - My hard disk is full! Maybe I'll try this message section thing.

    To be serious, I would like to agree with this.
    In the worst case scenario I can see, that you take the MCSE2003 and find
    there is little use for you services (I guess we are talking 2010 here) you
    can easily be rescued with the upgrade exam or one or two MCTS exams (be it
    new Exchange, Sharepoint, Vista, "Longhorn", or Office!).
    Thor, Aug 14, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Thor Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:07:55 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:

    >>> Lovely plumage, the Norwegian Blue, though?
    >>>

    >> The plumage don't enter into it - it's stone dead.

    > It's just restin'.

    All right then, if it's restin', I'll wake him up!

    HELLO POLLY!
    I'VE GOT A NICE CUTTLEFISH FOR YOU WHEN YOU WAKE UP, POLLY PARROT!
    Thor, Aug 14, 2006

  12. > Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

    A boy alone, so far from home
    Endless rooftops from my window
    I felt the gloom of empty rooms
    On rainy afternoons
    Sometimes in confusion
    I felt so lost and disillusioned
    Innocence gave me confidence
    To go up against reality

    All the same we take our chances
    Laughed at by time
    Tricked by circumstances
    Plus ca change
    Plus c'est la meme chose
    The more that things change
    The more they stay the same

    Now I've gained some understanding
    Of the only world that we see
    Things that I once dreamed of
    Have become reality
    These walls that still surround me
    Still contain the same old me
    Just one more who's searching for
    A world that ought to be

    Oh no - I've started poasting song lyrics! What's next... I'll stop
    poasting from the web ???
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Aug 14, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:37:40 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:

    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:07:55 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:

    >>> The plumage don't enter into it - it's stone dead.

    >> It's just restin'.
    >>

    > All right then, if it's restin', I'll wake him up!
    >
    > HELLO POLLY!
    > I'VE GOT A NICE CUTTLEFISH FOR YOU WHEN YOU WAKE UP, POLLY PARROT!

    You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily,
    major.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Aug 14, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:41:01 -0700, Chris cast into the ether:

    > Oh no - I've started poasting song lyrics! What's next... I'll stop
    > poasting from the web ???

    Beware. You have taken the fist steps upon a slippery slope!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Aug 14, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Thor Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    >>> It's just restin'.
    >>>

    >> All right then, if it's restin', I'll wake him up!
    >>
    >> HELLO POLLY!
    >> I'VE GOT A NICE CUTTLEFISH FOR YOU WHEN YOU WAKE UP, POLLY PARROT!

    > You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily,
    > major.

    Look my lad, I've had just about enough of this.
    That parrot is definitely deceased.
    And when I bought it not long ago, you assured me that its lack of movement
    was due to it being tired and shagged out after a long squawk.
    Thor, Aug 14, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:58:38 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:

    > "JaR" <> wrote in message

    >>> All right then, if it's restin', I'll wake him up!
    >>>
    >>> HELLO POLLY!
    >>> I'VE GOT A NICE CUTTLEFISH FOR YOU WHEN YOU WAKE UP, POLLY PARROT!

    >> You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily,
    >> major.

    > Look my lad, I've had just about enough of this.
    > That parrot is definitely deceased.
    > And when I bought it not long ago, you assured me that its lack of movement
    > was due to it being tired and shagged out after a long squawk.

    Well, I'd replace it, but I've just had a look 'round the back of the
    shop, and I'm afraid we're right out of parrots.

    How 'bout a lovely slug?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Aug 14, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Thor Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:58:38 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:
    >

    >> "JaR" <> wrote in message

    >>> You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily,
    >>> major.

    >> Look my lad, I've had just about enough of this.
    >> That parrot is definitely deceased.
    >> And when I bought it not long ago, you assured me that its lack of
    >> movement
    >> was due to it being tired and shagged out after a long squawk.

    > Well, I'd replace it, but I've just had a look 'round the back of the
    > shop, and I'm afraid we're right out of parrots.
    >
    > How 'bout a lovely slug?

    Does it talk?
    Thor, Aug 14, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:36:49 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:

    >>> Look my lad, I've had just about enough of this.
    >>> That parrot is definitely deceased.
    >>> And when I bought it not long ago, you assured me that its lack of
    >>> movement
    >>> was due to it being tired and shagged out after a long squawk.

    >> Well, I'd replace it, but I've just had a look 'round the back of the
    >> shop, and I'm afraid we're right out of parrots.
    >>
    >> How 'bout a lovely slug?
    >>

    > Does it talk?

    Weeeeeelll, no, not really...

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Aug 14, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    Thor Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:36:49 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:

    >>> Well, I'd replace it, but I've just had a look 'round the back of the
    >>> shop, and I'm afraid we're right out of parrots.
    >>>
    >>> How 'bout a lovely slug?
    >>>

    >> Does it talk?

    > Weeeeeelll, no, not really...

    Well, it's scarcely a replacement, then is it?
    Thor, Aug 14, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGk=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:07:10 +0200, Thor cast into the ether:

    >>> Does it talk?

    >> Weeeeeelll, no, not really...
    >>

    > Well, it's scarcely a replacement, then is it?

    Uh...I'm not going to invite you back to my place, if that's what you're
    waiting for!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22