MCSE Resource

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by jekriolster@gmail.com, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Feb 13, 2007

  2. Guest Guest

    You need to get the br@indump links removed from your google ads.

    If you want a list, contact me.

    --
    CertGuard
    You think you know IT?!?!
    Check out the new forums at: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/

    Guest, Feb 13, 2007

  3. kpg Guest

    <CertGuard> wrote in news::

    > You need to get the br@indump links removed from your google ads.
    >
    > If you want a list, contact me.

    geez...can't tell where the content begins and the ads end.

    it's just an ad site...clean it up

    ....and stop spamming
    kpg, Feb 13, 2007
  4. Guest Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > <CertGuard> wrote in news::
    >
    >> You need to get the br@indump links removed from your google ads.
    >>
    >> If you want a list, contact me.
    >>

    > geez...can't tell where the content begins and the ads end.
    >
    > it's just an ad site...clean it up
    >
    > ...and stop spamming

    I would, but it's not my site to clean up...if it were me, I'd just shut the
    dambed thing down.
    Guest, Feb 13, 2007
  5. kpg Guest

    <CertGuard> wrote in news::

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> <CertGuard> wrote in news::
    >>
    >>> You need to get the br@indump links removed from your google ads.
    >>>
    >>> If you want a list, contact me.
    >>>

    >> geez...can't tell where the content begins and the ads end.
    >>
    >> it's just an ad site...clean it up
    >>
    >> ...and stop spamming
    >>

    > I would, but it's not my site to clean up...if it were me, I'd just
    > shut the dambed thing down.

    I wasn't talking to you...I was talking to the guy behind you.
    kpg, Feb 13, 2007
  6. BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message

    >>> geez...can't tell where the content begins and the ads end.
    >>>
    >>> it's just an ad site...clean it up
    >>>
    >>> ...and stop spamming
    >>>

    >> I would, but it's not my site to clean up...if it were me, I'd just
    >> shut the dambed thing down.

    > I wasn't talking to you...I was talking to the guy behind you.

    lol....I know
    BD[MCNGP], Feb 13, 2007
  7. catwalker63 Guest

    kpg prattled ceaselessly:

    > <CertGuard> wrote in news::
    >
    >> You need to get the br@indump links removed from your google ads.
    >>
    >> If you want a list, contact me.
    >>

    > geez...can't tell where the content begins and the ads end.
    >
    > it's just an ad site...clean it up
    >
    > ...and stop spamming

    I don't see no stinking ads. But I use this hosts file. Since I
    started using it my eye has stopped twitching.

    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Feb 13, 2007
  8. kpg Guest

    catwalker63 <> wrote in

    > kpg prattled ceaselessly:
    >
    >> <CertGuard> wrote in news::
    >>
    >>> You need to get the br@indump links removed from your google ads.
    >>>
    >>> If you want a list, contact me.
    >>>

    >> geez...can't tell where the content begins and the ads end.
    >>
    >> it's just an ad site...clean it up
    >>
    >> ...and stop spamming

    > I don't see no stinking ads. But I use this hosts file. Since I
    > started using it my eye has stopped twitching.
    >
    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    That's nice... and as I suspected very little content after the
    ads are zapped.

    I used to use a version of this hots but I forgot all about it...

    thanks
    kpg, Feb 13, 2007
  9. BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > catwalker63 <> wrote in
    >
    >> kpg prattled ceaselessly:

    >>> geez...can't tell where the content begins and the ads end.
    >>>
    >>> it's just an ad site...clean it up
    >>>
    >>> ...and stop spamming

    >> I don't see no stinking ads. But I use this hosts file. Since I
    >> started using it my eye has stopped twitching.
    >>
    >> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    > That's nice... and as I suspected very little content after the
    > ads are zapped.
    >
    > I used to use a version of this hots but I forgot all about it...
    >
    > thanks

    I vaguely recall using something like this too...it was back in the NT4 days,
    but they didn't have 1/100th the content they do now either.

    Very nice, thanks catwalker.

    --
    BD
    # 0011 ^ 2
    BD[MCNGP], Feb 13, 2007
  10. catwalker63 Guest

    kpg piffled away vaguely:

    > catwalker63 <> wrote in
    >
    >> kpg prattled ceaselessly:

    >>> geez...can't tell where the content begins and the ads end.
    >>>
    >>> it's just an ad site...clean it up
    >>>
    >>> ...and stop spamming

    >> I don't see no stinking ads. But I use this hosts file. Since I
    >> started using it my eye has stopped twitching.
    >>
    >> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    > That's nice... and as I suspected very little content after the
    > ads are zapped.

    You noticed that too, huh?

    > I used to use a version of this hosts but I forgot all about it...
    >
    > thanks

    Welcomes.

    catwalker63, Feb 13, 2007
  11. catwalker63 Guest

    BD[MCNGP] piffled away vaguely:

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> catwalker63 <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> kpg prattled ceaselessly:

    >>> I don't see no stinking ads. But I use this hosts file. Since I
    >>> started using it my eye has stopped twitching.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    >> That's nice... and as I suspected very little content after the
    >> ads are zapped.
    >>
    >> I used to use a version of this hots but I forgot all about it...
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>

    > I vaguely recall using something like this too...it was back in the NT4 days,
    > but they didn't have 1/100th the content they do now either.
    >
    > Very nice, thanks catwalker.

    Welcomes.

    It's one of the first things I do when I build a new machine. You can
    use the content on a 'nix box too, just don't try to use the batch file
    on anything but Windows. <eg> I don't overwrite the hosts on my FC6
    box. I just copy the mappings and append to the existing hosts after
    the machine specific info.

    In IE, you can block ads with the restricted zones but it's not as easy.
    This hosts file is maintained by someone else, so less work for me.

    I've gotten so used to it now that when I get on a person's machine that
    doesn't have something like this, it makes me nuts. Too much flashing
    and bouncing. Yeck!

    catwalker63, Feb 13, 2007
  12. BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    > Welcomes.
    >
    > It's one of the first things I do when I build a new machine. You can
    > use the content on a 'nix box too, just don't try to use the batch file
    > on anything but Windows. <eg> I don't overwrite the hosts on my FC6
    > box. I just copy the mappings and append to the existing hosts after
    > the machine specific info.

    Well, it looks like it's advanced enough for me to use now. ;) I'll give it a
    whirl on my new Vista Machine in a couple hours and let you know how well it
    works.

    > In IE, you can block ads with the restricted zones but it's not as easy.
    > This hosts file is maintained by someone else, so less work for me.

    Yeah, I was reading the site, they've got some pretty handy tools for adding and
    (I think) extracting lines of data from it. AND, it's an on the fly executable
    (Hoster.exe).

    > I've gotten so used to it now that when I get on a person's machine that
    > doesn't have something like this, it makes me nuts. Too much flashing
    > and bouncing. Yeck!

    I suppose you've probably got most of us hooked on it as well. Better start
    writing up that 12 step program.

    --
    BD
    # 0011 ^ 2
    BD[MCNGP], Feb 13, 2007
  13. Neil Guest

    did you hear "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> say in

    > I vaguely recall using something like this too...it was back in the
    > NT4 days, but they didn't have 1/100th the content they do now either.

    there has been a hosts file on mvps.org since I began teachin in the late
    90's

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.
    Neil, Feb 14, 2007
  14. Neil Guest

    did you hear Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> say in

    > did you hear "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> say in
    >
    >> I vaguely recall using something like this too...it was back in the
    >> NT4 days, but they didn't have 1/100th the content they do now
    >> either.

    > there has been a hosts file on mvps.org since I began teachin in the
    > late 90's

    oh, and nice reminder to the rest of us...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - But then again, what the heck do I know!
    Neil, Feb 14, 2007
  15. catwalker63 Guest

    Neil piffled away vaguely:

    > did you hear Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> say in
    >
    >> did you hear "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> say in
    >>
    >>> I vaguely recall using something like this too...it was back in the
    >>> NT4 days, but they didn't have 1/100th the content they do now
    >>> either.

    >> there has been a hosts file on mvps.org since I began teachin in the
    >> late 90's
    >>

    > oh, and nice reminder to the rest of us...

    It would not at all surprise me if you were the person who originally
    pointed me to this resource.

    catwalker63, Feb 14, 2007
  16. Neil Guest

    did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    > It would not at all surprise me if you were the person who originally
    > pointed me to this resource.

    I used to do that kind of thing, but now I'm lazy

    seriously, there is lots of good stuff over there. I also find lots of
    good stuff at Sue Moshers site (Is slipskick.com still up?) for
    outlook/exchange and there were a few others that I would routinely point
    stundents to, but now, not so much...

    (thanks for teh compliment)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Multitasking: screw up several things at once
    Neil, Feb 14, 2007