    Is Prometric the only testing facility that has such an absurd policy?

    I sure would hate to take a Physics test on a dry-erase board!
    , Mar 8, 2008

  2. Yes, I had one to work with on the 70-620. Didn't need it, but I did think
    it was very odd to have to use one if I needed it. It looked like a
    punishment! :) And, yes, I did put it in the feedback at the end of the
    exam.

    --

    Dustin Harper

    Dustin Harper, Mar 8, 2008

  3. PAJ Guest

    On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:01:36 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    >Has anyone experienced the Prometric dry erase and markers policy?
    >(no pencil or paper)
    >
    >I was amazed to arrive for the 70-291 exam and be handed a dry erase
    >board. I found that some of the questions required some extensive
    >written detail (it's just easier for me). When I was finished, I felt
    >like I had just taken a picture drawing class in First Grade. The
    >marker was dull and I had to write giant letters/characters. In
    >addition, the dry erase board is a grid. Be careful not to
    >accidentally write something on one of the grid lines. This would be
    >ok for graphs but not for diagrams, IP addresses, CIDR calculations
    >etc.
    >
    >I have taken many tests in the past and they provided pencil and paper
    >and they audited how many sheets and accounted for them at the end of
    >the test.
    >
    >Is Prometric the only testing facility that has such an absurd policy?
    >
    >I sure would hate to take a Physics test on a dry-erase board!

    I have had this at every test centre I have used, including Pearson VUE
    ones. I have found lots reason to dislike Prometric but this is not one
    of them
    PAJ, Mar 8, 2008
  4. Chris Lobban Guest

    wrote:
    > Has anyone experienced the Prometric dry erase and markers policy?
    > (no pencil or paper)
    >
    > I was amazed to arrive for the 70-291 exam and be handed a dry erase
    > board. I found that some of the questions required some extensive
    > written detail (it's just easier for me). When I was finished, I felt
    > like I had just taken a picture drawing class in First Grade. The
    > marker was dull and I had to write giant letters/characters. In
    > addition, the dry erase board is a grid. Be careful not to
    > accidentally write something on one of the grid lines. This would be
    > ok for graphs but not for diagrams, IP addresses, CIDR calculations
    > etc.
    >
    > I have taken many tests in the past and they provided pencil and paper
    > and they audited how many sheets and accounted for them at the end of
    > the test.
    >
    > Is Prometric the only testing facility that has such an absurd policy?
    >
    > I sure would hate to take a Physics test on a dry-erase board!

    Yes, I found it to be like this both while I was taking the exams at
    Vue, and while I was taking them at Prometric. I've rarely ever had to
    use the boards for much, normally I just take them in clean, and bring
    them back equally clean. Sometimes if I don't feel up to too much mental
    math I do use them to scribble a couple numbers down to make the
    counting easier for binary conversion. But I think that's about it, so
    I've never found reason to complain about it.

    Chris
    Chris Lobban, Mar 10, 2008
  5. Hairball56 Guest

    Wow, at my local Prometric facility I'm given 2 sheets of paper and a
    pencil....which of course has to be turned back in, that's really odd in
    using a dry-erase
    --
    ~~MCP~~MCDST~~A+~~Working on MCSA~~

    Hairball56, Mar 11, 2008
  6. X-DraGoN Guest

    The 'contract' I had to sign before beginning stated I would be handed the
    dry-ease board 2, but instead I got 2 papers and a pencil.
    Much better IMHO, I'd hate to use dry-wipe...

    MCP 70-620

    X-DraGoN, Mar 13, 2008