MCSE people requesting your assistance

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by chrysa1974, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. chrysa1974

    chrysa1974 Guest

    please assist
    After receiving an illegal operation error a pc technician formatted i
    the past my pc HP BRIO BA410 Win 98se and he installed his own win 98s
    since then I am constantly facing problems. When I input a cd or flopp
    it stacks and explorer is not responding and as a result i reset th
    pc. He made defragment last Sunday telling me that problem will b
    fixed. The windows are not working properly because the system stacks
    I don't know what else he touched from software he removed some tick
    from msconfig Startup tab. The result is a hanging screen during shu
    down procedure and the Microsoft Windows 98 screen is shutting down i
    not shown. I downloaded the shutdown patch of Microsoft but stil
    nothing I ran Norton Live Update still nothing.
    Any suggestions please how can I fix this hanging screen and how t
    bring up Microsoft’s shutting down screen? he modified also powe
    management in control panel. any relation for shutting down problem?
    regarding power management. i don't remember what were the origina
    settings
    i selected these

    system stand by: 25 min
    turn off monitor: 20 min
    turn off hard disk: 30 min

    Any instructions how to recover those who were before modification?

    Thanks in advanc

    chrysa197

    chrysa1974, Dec 4, 2003

  2. chrysa1974

    Brat Guest

    fire your technician

    Brat, Dec 4, 2003

  3. chrysa1974

    Jeff Rush Guest

    Brat would seem to have the right idea..
    You need the HP OEM version of the OS for this system.

    HP should be able to supply it for you if you do not have the recovery CD.

    Jeff'

    Jeff Rush, Dec 4, 2003