    WhiteJul Guest

    What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated with a
    Bachelor in Computer Information System?

    WhiteJul, Dec 14, 2003

  2. WhiteJul

    George Guest

    "WhiteJul" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated with a
    > Bachelor in Computer Information System?

    In general, a 4 year degree from an acredited institution more desireable
    than an MCSE. However, an MCSE compliments a degree very well. Experience
    is usually the first criteria employers review. A degree is an unofficial
    stamp of approval for many employers. Obviously, the average level of
    analytical ability and writing skills is higher for a college graduate and
    employers are well aware of this fact.

    George, Dec 14, 2003

  3. WhiteJul wrote:
    > What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated with
    > a Bachelor in Computer Information System?

    It all depends on how big her boobs are.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Dec 14, 2003
  4. WhiteJul

    SuperTech Guest

    "WhiteJul" <> wrote in

    > What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated
    > with a Bachelor in Computer Information System?

    Without experience: neither. I have a BS in CompSci and I am currently
    pursuing MCSE certification. Requiring a college degree for network
    admins/desktop support is more of a filter of screening the haves and
    the have nots. The actual degree itself has done nothing for me: I
    have never used calculus, physics, or programming on my job. I guess
    the way they look at it is if you never could cut the mustard in
    college you probably don't have a lot of ambition or smarts to carry
    out the job they are hiring for.

    What has helped me the most in landing a job is my part-time computer
    jobs I had while I was in college. I was working minimum wage at my
    college doing desktop support for a whole building! Also worked at a
    retail store fixing computers. Trust me when I say these part time jobs
    were not career jobs: sucky atmosphere, low pay and little resources to
    work with.

    So, whatever you do, get any type of hands-on experience with computers
    you can. Help Desk, software support, desktop support, network
    support, etc., do whatever you can. Get at least an associates degree
    in computer science at a technical college and some hands on experience
    and then hit the pavement.

    SuperTech

    SuperTech, Dec 14, 2003
  5. WhiteJul

    jen Guest

    Frisbee® MCNGP wrote:
    > WhiteJul wrote:
    >
    >>What is better, a novice MCSE or a just college degree graduated with
    >>a Bachelor in Computer Information System?

    > It all depends on how big her boobs are.

    LMAO...good one!

    --
    Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

    jen, Dec 15, 2003
  6. WhiteJul

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >It all depends on how big her boobs are.

    Do legs not 'cum' into it?

    Kline Sphere, Dec 15, 2003
  7. Kline Sphere wrote:
    >> It all depends on how big her boobs are.

    > Do legs not 'cum' into it?

    Why would you think I'm a leg man? I've -got- legs.

    {$1 to Jerry Seinfeld}

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Dec 15, 2003
  8. WhiteJul

    Kline Sphere Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:18:26 -0500, Frisbee® MCNGP
    <> wrote:

    >Why would you think I'm a leg man? I've -got- legs.

    Wot no breasts though.
    lol!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 15, 2003
  9. WhiteJul

    Rick Guest

    A BS is a measure of your ability. Even though you may have not used any
    subject matter on the job the degree in CS proves you have the ability to
    learn complex and sometimes abstract information. Generally a degree also
    proves you have the ability to listen to and learn from a mentor. Most jobs
    look at it as a measure of your ability to keep learning and be a valuable
    asset to the company in the future.

    However both a MCSE and BS are just pieces of paper. The true measure of a
    person is what he walked away from the experience with. The only way to
    measure this is to interview the person so that you get a personal measure
    of his abilities.

    --
    Rick

    Rick, Dec 16, 2003