    of these two?

    Thx in advance
    Herbert
    Herbert Leberbauer, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Herbert Leberbauer

    Kendal Emery Guest

    MCP status is confered (don't you like that word) upon anyone who has passed
    almost any microsoft test. Whether that test is for NT4.0 or 2003 Server.
    MCSE was the next step, and anyone who is an MCSE from NT4.0 on is most
    definitely and MCP.

    I have to wonder about someone who wants to be a Microsoft Partner, and
    can't even find this information, since it plastered all across MS's
    website.

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Herbert Leberbauer

    Consultant Guest

    very sad

    Consultant, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Herbert Leberbauer

    Rick Guest

    WRONG. Quoted from the Microsoft MCP web Page
    "Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) candidates are required to pass one
    current Microsoft certification exam that provides a valid and reliable
    measure of technical proficiency and expertise (a current exam is any that
    has not been retired)."
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcp/requirements.asp

    This includes MCAD and MCSD test neither of these tracks have an OS test in
    them.
    Maybe you should do better research.

    Rick
    Rick, Oct 20, 2003
  5. ron wrote:
    > Don't be TOO hard on the guy. Your response didn't
    > provide correct information! You must pass a OS exam to
    > attain MCP status. Virtually ANY Operating System, but
    > it must be an OS exam. And you call yourself an MCSE!

    Bzzzt: Wrong answer, but thanks for playing, Ron.

    ANY Microsoft exam gives you MCP status.

    If you don't believe me, try stating your assertion in the MCDBA or MCSD
    groups.

    --
    Fris "Let me guess: You work for New Horizons" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 20, 2003
  6. Herbert Leberbauer

    Consultant Guest

    ron, research your statements before making an incorrect post

    Consultant, Oct 20, 2003
  7. Herbert Leberbauer

    Kendal Emery Guest

    EXCUSE ME?????

    Quoted from Microsoft

    When you pass the Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL
    ServerT 7.0 exam, you achieve Microsoft Certified Professional status. You
    also earn credit toward the following certifications:

    When you pass the Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
    Exchange 2000 Server exam, you achieve Microsoft Certified Professional
    status. You also earn credit toward the following certifications:

    When you pass the Developing and Implementing Web Applications with
    Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET exam, you
    achieve Microsoft Certified Professional status. You also earn:

    And the list goes on.....

    I am wrong from time to time, but it ain't this time bucko!!!

    And yes, I AM an MCSE, studied hard, lots of experience and no braindumps!!!
    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Oct 20, 2003
  8. Herbert Leberbauer

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    The braindumps must have mentioned something about only passing an OS exam,
    right?

    --

    KB

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 20, 2003
  9. Herbert Leberbauer

    Guest Guest

    > ANY Microsoft exam gives you MCP status.

    WRONG!
    "Exam 70-058: Networking Essentials is an exception to the one exam
    requirement. Passing this exam alone will not certify an individual as an
    MCP. ", quoted from
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcp/requirements.asp

    MS should dump this group. People don't understand the topic.

    Guest, Oct 20, 2003
  10. Herbert Leberbauer

    Consultant Guest

    yes, they should

    Consultant, Oct 20, 2003
  11. Herbert Leberbauer

    pulse Guest

    No one here got it completely right, not ALL exams confer the MCP status!
    Exam 70-058 is the exception..

    Source: http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcp/requirements.asp

    Now, who of us is most anal ?

    pulse, Oct 20, 2003
  12. Flicker wrote:
    >> ANY Microsoft exam gives you MCP status.

    > WRONG!

    Do I get a consolation prize?

    --
    Fris "My friend Flicker" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 20, 2003
  13. Herbert Leberbauer

    Guest Guest

    Mr. MCNGP founder, pls advice. Should you terminate this member?

    Guest, Oct 20, 2003
  14. Herbert Leberbauer

    Guest Guest

    hold on. I need this group. I want to post as much as possible so I can
    get MVP. This group is easy to post.:)

    Guest, Oct 20, 2003
  15. Herbert Leberbauer

    Glenn Guest

    You just can't dump a friend of Flicker !!
    Glenn

    --
    Radlink Chief Technology Officer
    Microsoft MCP MCSA MCSE MCAD MCDBA MCSD

    Glenn, Oct 20, 2003
  16. Herbert Leberbauer

    Consultant Guest

    naw, he means well

    Consultant, Oct 20, 2003
  17. Herbert Leberbauer

    Kendal Emery Guest

    Actually, I did get completely right, my post said that you got that cert
    for "almost" any MS exam, so where is my prize?

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Oct 20, 2003
  18. Herbert Leberbauer

    Glenn Guest

    God I hate email.
    I didn't realize I had signatures turned on for newsgroups.
    Sorry.
    Glenn

    Glenn, Oct 20, 2003
  19. Kendal Emery wrote:
    > Actually, I did get completely right, my post said that you got that
    > cert for "almost" any MS exam, so where is my prize?

    Pulse was being nice. I'm the only one who got it wrong. Just not as wrong
    as Ron.

    --
    Fris "My friend Pulse" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 20, 2003
  20. Herbert Leberbauer

    JaR Guest

    > Actually, I did get completely right, my post said that you got that cert
    > for "almost" any MS exam, so where is my prize?

    Right here in my pocket, little girl. That's right, just go ahead and reach
    in....heh heh heh ;->

    JaR
    JaR, Oct 20, 2003