    I'm certified MCSE NT4 and also MCP (Server Admin) 2000, anyone can advice
    shell I go directly to MCITP 2008 certification or shell I obtain MSCE
    Windows 2003 first then go for MCITP ? thanks.

    Jeff, Feb 6, 2009

  2. "Jeff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm certified MCSE NT4 and also MCP (Server Admin) 2000, anyone can advice
    > shell I go directly to MCITP 2008 certification or shell I obtain MSCE
    > Windows 2003 first then go for MCITP ? thanks.

    I always recommend keeping your certifications up-to-date. But since Windows
    Server 2008 has been out for over a year, I would bypass Windows 2003. The
    only exception would be if you haven't worked with Windows Server 2003 much
    over the last six years, and you think that you will need to support it in
    the future.

    Harvey Colwell, Feb 6, 2009

  3. Jeff

    samcc1

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I completed the MCITP Enterprise Administrator in June 2009 and like you I had an outdated MCSE in NT4.

    What I have seen so far is that a lot of employers are not aware of the MCITP certification and are still looking for the MCSE 2003. So.. if time permits, you may want to consider both.. or hope the MCITP is more recognized.

    samcc1, Feb 18, 2010