    isn't needed).

    Can someone confirm If i'm right to say that I only need one exam for my
    MCSA 2003 ?
    mlindert, Apr 5, 2006

  2. That is correct.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Program Manager for the Microsoft Certified Architect program
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MSFT], Apr 5, 2006

  3. mlindert

    HH Guest

    Base on this message, you are saying that NT4 MCSE needs only 3 exams to
    become MCSA 2003? Can you tell me the three exams? Are they the required
    exams listed on MS's website? I didn't know we have that option. Been an
    NT4 MCSE for a long time ago, and lost my ID number. Now I have to go back
    and search for it.

    Can you confirm that?

    HH, Apr 5, 2006
  4. mlindert

    mlindert Guest

    Thnx for the respones. I've searched a bit more and found on
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
    the following
    Elective: Elective exams are required so that candidates prove technical
    breadth, interoperability skills, or additional technical depth. For MCSEs on
    Windows 2000, the current MCSE credential satisfies the elective requirement
    for Windows Server 2003 because it proves the ability to support another
    version of the platform; therefore, no additional action is required.
    So the MCSE site says that the elective isn't needed. The MCSA site doesn't
    mention it.
    I've Googled a bit more and found on a dutch microsoft site that the
    elective isn't necessary for MCSA 2003 when you're a MCSE NT 4 :)

    mlindert, Apr 6, 2006
  5. mlindert

    BenM Guest

    Is the elective requirement also satisfied for an NT4 MCSE under the MCSA
    2000 stream?

    BenM, Jun 30, 2006