    I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
    where can I get a ebook for course 2400?
    Thank you.

    Owen-San, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Owen-San

    Neil Guest

    "Owen-San" <> wrote in
    news:2141b01c45a49$01d73510$:

    > I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
    > where can I get a ebook for course 2400?

    you can sit the course, otherwise no. something that might match the 2400
    course is a different story (though MS has no Exchange e-learning
    courses). Try digging out a good Sybex book for Exchange 2003.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Owen-San

    Beoweolf Guest

    What is the question?

    MCSE:Messagaing is an add-on. 1st, you need to be MCSE, then complete both
    Exchange courses.

    e-book is included with the MS press manual.

    "Owen-San" <> wrote in message
    > I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
    > where can I get a ebook for course 2400?
    > Thank you.

    ---

    Beoweolf, Jun 25, 2004
  4. You don't need to be an MCSE before you take the Exchange exams, you can select them as part of the MCSE and that makes it MCSE : Messaging.

    =?Utf-8?B?QUI=?=, Jun 28, 2004
  5. The only book I found was the Microsoft Press Self Study Guide for the 70-284 exam. Included on CD is an evaluation edition of Exchange 2003 and the book as well as MeasureUp test questions. The Deploying Exchange Server 2003 and Administering Exchange Server 2003 you can download from the Microsoft exchange library will cover just about everything you need as well.

    =?Utf-8?B?QUI=?=, Jun 28, 2004
  6. Owen-San

    Beoweolf Guest

    That is true...thus the first part of the reply..."What is the question?".
    Since the header of message is MCSE: Messaging; but the text refers to what
    is essentially a double MCP cert.

    But to be an MCSE :messaging...by definition, you must be an MCSE. There are
    no restrictions on the number of MCP certs you may take, pass and claim. But
    MCSE or MCSA are specific and require particular combinations of certs. So,
    take your certifications in any order you wish...but to get the title you
    must be MCSE, to be MCSE:messaging.

    What was the question?

    "AB" <> wrote in message
    > You don't need to be an MCSE before you take the Exchange exams, you can

    select them as part of the MCSE and that makes it MCSE : Messaging.

    > "Beoweolf" wrote:
    >
    > > What is the question?
    > >
    > > MCSE:Messagaing is an add-on. 1st, you need to be MCSE, then complete

    both
    > > Exchange courses.
    > >
    > > e-book is included with the MS press manual.
    > >
    > > "Owen-San" <> wrote in message
    > > > I'm preparing for Exchange 2003 certifcation, do you know
    > > > where can I get a ebook for course 2400?
    > > > Thank you.
    > > >

    > > ---

    ---

    Beoweolf, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Owen-San

    Neil Guest

    "Beoweolf" <> wrote in news:FgVDc.4102$dQ3.2770
    @newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

    > but to get the title you
    > must be MCSE, to be MCSE:messaging.

    I kind of have an issue but it's probably minor. I believe there will be
    some confusion here about what has to happen. You don't have to complete
    the MCSE and THEN do the 2 exchange exams. infact one of the Exchange
    exams could be the elective you use for your MCSE. As always the correct
    info can be found at www.microsoft.com/learning. the Windwos 2003
    MCSE+Messaging is at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/messaging/windowsserver2003.as
    p or http://tinyurl.com/22wro
    while the 2000 version details are found at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/messaging/windows2000.asp or
    http://tinyurl.com/3eeox

    HTH

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Owen-San

    Beoweolf Guest

    Just like there is always room for "Jello"...same can be said for confusion.
    That is why I added this proviso.

    "So, take your certifications in any order you wish...but to get the title
    you
    must be MCSE, to be MCSE:messaging."...maybe emphasis on the word title?

    I give up! There is no way, in writing that it can be put any less
    complicated. As you recommend...just give 'em directions to the site.

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Beoweolf" <> wrote in news:FgVDc.4102$dQ3.2770
    > @newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:
    >
    > > but to get the title you
    > > must be MCSE, to be MCSE:messaging.

    > I kind of have an issue but it's probably minor. I believe there will be
    > some confusion here about what has to happen. You don't have to complete
    > the MCSE and THEN do the 2 exchange exams. infact one of the Exchange
    > exams could be the elective you use for your MCSE. As always the correct
    > info can be found at www.microsoft.com/learning. the Windwos 2003
    > MCSE+Messaging is at:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/messaging/windowsserver2003.as
    > p or http://tinyurl.com/22wro
    > while the 2000 version details are found at:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/messaging/windows2000.asp or
    > http://tinyurl.com/3eeox
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    ---

    Beoweolf, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Owen-San

    Neil Guest

    "Beoweolf" <> wrote in news:vDWDc.4107$624.654
    @newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

    > I give up! There is no way, in writing that it can be put any less
    > complicated. As you recommend...just give 'em directions to the site.

    s'okay, the website will likely confuse a few too...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 28, 2004