    How about someone who's fed up with his/her current job
    and has a desire to enter the IT field? Is the MCSE a good
    way to start?
    Andy, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Andy

    billyw Guest

    you could use it as a spring board after doing some other studying
    and also have a home network of some sort.

    that said the market is tough right now...

    there are peeps with the certs, the exp, and they can't get a life.. never
    mind a job

    billyw, Jul 15, 2003

  3. "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > Is the MCSE certification strictly for IT Professionals?
    > How about someone who's fed up with his/her current job
    > and has a desire to enter the IT field? Is the MCSE a good
    > way to start?

    If you read Microsoft's website, they say a candidate should have at least a
    year of experience. Microsoft does not consider the cert to be an entry
    level milestone, though the industry disagrees.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Andy

    Popeye Guest

    The MCSE is a good starting point. It will definitely not
    assure you a new job as, with most jobs nowadays,
    experience counts. What it will give you is an idea of
    what is needed to succeed in the IT field. Unfortunately
    what you learn today is obsolete tomorrow, so work fast.
    the least it will give you is further education, and thats
    never a bad thing. There are lots of Jobs out there that
    having MCSE knowledge will benefit.

    What it will also do, and wrongly so, is make you feel
    like you are the cleverest person around (see consultant,
    keyboard cowboy, politician spock and others not worthy of
    mention). You've no doubt picked that up from being in
    these newsgroups. Stay away from here if you want to learn
    anything, or join in, it's always good for a laugh!!!

    Popeye, Jul 15, 2003
  5. Andy

    Guest

    >There are lots of Jobs out there that
    >having MCSE knowledge will benefit.

    Im curious....

    What other jobs would it be of a benefit?

    If not IT..... where ===> is <===== the money and
    opportunity now days?
    , Jul 15, 2003
  6. Andy

    Jtyc Guest

    > If not IT..... where ===> is <===== the money and
    > opportunity now days?

    That's easy. Suing anybody that makes food is where the money is at.
    Jtyc, Jul 15, 2003
  7. Andy

    Consultant Guest

    pimpin

    but it aint easy

    Consultant, Jul 15, 2003
  8. Andy

    Guest

    >Become a Nurse. 65k/year to start in LA

    Ive heard that.

    Seriously ..... I know the health field is dying for
    help right now.

    But.... I just don't have that in me.

    Other ideas?
    , Jul 15, 2003
  9. Selling insurance

    Rhenier Labuschagne, Jul 15, 2003
  10. Andy

    Consultant Guest

    chippendale dancer?

    Consultant, Jul 15, 2003
  11. <> wrote in message
    > >Become a Nurse. 65k/year to start in LA

    > Ive heard that.
    >
    > Seriously ..... I know the health field is dying for
    > help right now.
    >
    > But.... I just don't have that in me.
    >
    > Other ideas?

    A Fast Food Litigation Attorney.

    Politician Spock, Jul 15, 2003

  12. >-----Original Message-----

    --
    Fris "SpelCheker Vershun 3.1" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    Keyboard Cowboy, Jul 15, 2003
  13. Andy

    Gary - US Guest

    Porn?

    Gary - US, Jul 15, 2003
  14. "KLXrider" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:43:40 -0500, wrote:
    >
    > >>Become a Nurse. 65k/year to start in LA

    > >Ive heard that.
    > >
    > >Seriously ..... I know the health field is dying for
    > >help right now.
    > >
    > >But.... I just don't have that in me.
    > >
    > >Other ideas?

    > making legal money isn't easy.
    >
    > ****hey fris, is my apostrophe right*****

    Illegal use of asterisks.

    --
    Fris "Ten yards, still first down" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jul 16, 2003
  15. Andy

    Guest

    >get out of I.T. and into sales and marketing or business.
    >That's where the money has *always* been.

    Ive always wondered abt that. Had a gut feeling it is
    true.

    What abt a combo degree in IT and business?
    , Jul 16, 2003
  16. Andy

    scroby Guest

    Getting an MCSE in Denver is a guaranteed 65-70k job.

    Experience helps, but not always necessary because the
    computers here don't break as often as say in Florida or
    Chicago.
    scroby, Jul 16, 2003
  17. Andy

    KLXrider Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:46:43 -0700, "scroby" <> wrote:

    >Getting an MCSE in Denver is a guaranteed 65-70k job.

    You've been listening to them adds on the radio haven't you.....
    KLXrider, Jul 16, 2003
  18. Andy

    Guest

    >get out of I.T. and into sales and marketing or business.
    >That's where the money has *always* been.

    I realize that the job prospects in the IT industry are
    VERY bad now....and that an MCSE doesn't mean a whole
    lot.... but to my way of thinking I don't see anything
    "wrong" with having IT knowledge as well as maybe other
    experience ...... do you?

    I mean..... why cant a person be "multi-skiled" now
    days? Have IT knowledge and experience but other skill
    sets as well?

    What's your opinion on the whole IT industry "woes"
    right now? And the value of having IT skills and the
    MCSE?
    , Jul 21, 2003
  19. Andy

    Jtyc Guest

    > Please explain Bill. Ok?

    I believe he went into business for himself.
    Jtyc, Jul 21, 2003
  20. Andy

    billyw Guest

    exactly..

    for me the most daunting thing was initial marketing. That reall is
    horrible. basically phoning people up and hassling them.

    billyw, Jul 21, 2003