    expires.
    Thanks,
    JSB
    Jeff Brady, Sep 16, 2003

  2. http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/highlights/announcement.asp

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    newsgroup purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Sep 16, 2003

  3. Jeff Brady

    Rick Guest

    Jeff,

    Maybe you should approach the upgrade of your certification as continuing
    education. If your company has any plans to upgrade to 2000 or 2003 it would
    be in their best interest to help you upgrade your skills.

    --
    Rick
    Rick, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Jeff Brady

    Maestro Guest

    I wouldn't recommend lying to them about the expiration.
    If they find out that you've lied that's a good way to
    move closer to having to look for another job. Best case
    you will have lost their trust which makes for a pretty
    bad work environment. Tom posted a link that has all the
    information that you need. Essentially your cert will
    never expire (at least as it stands now). However, as
    someone else posted, if your company is planning on
    upgrading it's in their best interest to get your skills
    upgraded to meet the requirements of the new environment.

    tell them it does
    >expire and get yourself re-certified for your own career

    growth.

    >Do it for yourself, not for them.
    >
    >If they let you go, you have four hours to clean your

    desk and start looking
    >for another job to pay the mortgage. Whereas, if you give

    notice, you
    >typically give them two weeks to replace you. A "wee bit"

    one-sided.

    Maestro, Sep 17, 2003
  5. Jeff Brady

    CheeseBurger Guest

    Who died?

    > expiration of a NT 4.0 MCSE?

    Who died?

    --
    Cheeseburger MCSE+M

    CheeseBurger, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Yeah, Maestro, you're right. Lying to your employer is wrong.

    But if your employer doesn't want to support your career growth, perhaps you
    need to move on to a company that does.
    No job is guaranteed.

    Davin Mickelson, Sep 17, 2003
  7. Jeff Brady

    Dragon Guest

    In this crappy market, I would rather look for another job first before I
    try to get fired from my current one.

    Dragon, Sep 17, 2003
  8. Jeff Brady

    Maestro Guest

    I partially agree with you. We should know what benefits
    we'll receive when we accept the job. Anyone who accepts
    a job knowing that their employer doesn't pay for training
    shouldn't expect training. They do still have the option
    of leaving however, should they change their minds later
    in the game.

    Maestro, Sep 17, 2003
  9. Jeff,

    This might be more helpful in making your case:

    http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/ProductInfo/Availability/Retiring.asp

    Regards,
    Patrick Hallihan
    MCSE, MCAD, MCSA, MCDBA