    again? How long can you take to do the MCSE, in general?

    Regards

    ASJ

    =?Utf-8?B?YXNq?=, Mar 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YXNq?=

    Guan Foo Wah Guest

    There is no whatsoever duration for MCSE. As long as the exam still offered,
    you can take MCSE as long as you like for that particular track (e.g. 2000
    or 2003).

    Guan Foo Wah, Mar 15, 2006

  3. First things first, there is no time limit. As long as Micosoft provide the
    exam, you can sit it.

    Sounds like you are studying with a training provider; who will only give
    you 2 Years support for you 'x' number of $. After the 2 years have expired
    you are on your own.

    Although, if you have paid upfront for your exams and training, you should
    be able to organise your exams through the provider after the 2 years. You
    should check your terms and conditions before you sign-up. If you've already
    signed up, get cracking with your studies.

    --
    LoopBack

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcGJhY2s=?=, Mar 15, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YXNq?=

    Manny Borges Guest

    Come on now. 2 yrs???
    If you don't get it in two years, you aren't going to.

    What is the practical value?

    75% of what you learn will end up outdated in three years. 99% will be just
    diffrent enough to make what you did know not be the best solution in most
    cases.

    Your personal target should be no longer than a year. Three months if you
    are good.

    And realize that you are NEVER going to be able to stop studying if you
    enter the IT field.

    This is not a one shot deal where are going to buckle down and learn
    something that will sustain you for years and years.

    You will need to digest new technologies, as they come out, at a granular
    level.

    Failure to understand that is why so many people fail their MCSE upgrade
    tests when moving from one version to the next.

    --
    Manny Borges
    MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who do understand binary
    and those who don't.

    Manny Borges, Mar 17, 2006