    I have no clients on the 2003 platform yet so maybe will switch over to
    Cisco
    to formalize my training.

    Nettransplant, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Congratulations!!!

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    newsgroup purposes only."

    "Nettransplant" <> wrote in message
    news:E5KFb.784990$6C4.420633@pd7tw1no...
    > Passed 70-220 (865 40 questions way too simple after 70-214)
    >
    > MSCE done. Will write 70-227 in January then think hard about w2003

    upgrade.

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Dec 22, 2003

  3. Nettransplant

    Rick Guest

    I'm on the same track as you. Finished my MCSE at the end on Nov. Need to
    take 70-214 to upgrade both my MCSA MCSE to the security flavor. Right now I
    am reading the CCNA study guide so I can take the test. I already have a 4
    drop Frame relay network using Cisco routers which I installed. I also have
    several catalyst switches onsite so I have a good set of hardware to
    practice on. My plan is currently to get the CCNA then upgrade to security
    then upgrade to 2003.

    Rick

    Rick, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Nettransplant

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    I was happily strolling along my merry little way in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, when I looked down and saw a little note
    from Nettransplant on Mon 22 Dec 2003 05:19:16p who wrote:

    > Passed 70-220 (865 40 questions way too simple after 70-214)
    >
    > MSCE done. Will write 70-227 in January then think hard about w2003
    > upgrade. I have no clients on the 2003 platform yet so maybe will switch
    > over to Cisco
    > to formalize my training.

    congratulation's.

    don't waste you time & $$$ with 227 - unless you just "love" ISA or you will
    be using the product. the knowledge is useless otherwise. believe that MS
    dumped that into the MCSE track to push/promote the ISA product. the old
    motto, "make them learn about it while training, maybe they will tell their
    bosses and buy one from us"

    plus, some of the new stuff in 2003 make's one wonder about the future of the
    ISA product line.

    take/do exchange or sql if you haven't already, the knowledge gained may
    prove more useful in the career and workplace.

    disclaimer: the above was just one man's opinion among the many others out
    there who will most likely disagree with him.
    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+

    Rowdy Yates, Dec 23, 2003