MCSE Certification FAQ

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by O.A., Aug 23, 2004.

  1. O.A.

    O.A. Guest

    Hi All,

    HelpFull

    Q1. What is MCSE?

    MCSE is the premier Microsoft certification program and
    is one of the most widely recognized, pursued, and
    obtained technical certifications in the IT industry. The
    MCSE certification proves your skills in managing
    backoffice computer systems and networks that run on
    Microsoft Windows 2000, XP and other Microsoft software.

    Q2. What is happening to old (pre Windows 2000) MCSEs?

    All MCSE certifications based on the Windows NT
    operating system will be designated as "MCSE on Windows
    NT" indefinitely, reversing an earlier decision to expire
    one's MCSE credential if not updated before Dec. 31, 2001.
    Microsoft will designate Windows .NET Server, Windows XP,
    and Windows 2000-based MCSEs as "MCSEs on Microsoft
    Windows 2000."

    Q3. Who is MCSE targeted for?

    The MCSE certification is targeted at the following job
    functions that use Microsoft Windows and backoffice
    applications:
    Network administrators
    Network engineers
    Systems engineers
    Security analysts
    Email administrators
    Windows system administrators
    Microsoft website administrators/webmasters

    Q4. Will I find a job/make more money if I earn my MCSE?

    MCSE certified professionals are still in relatively
    high demand. The MCSE certification continues to be the
    most popular and sought after technical certification in
    the market today. There are over 400,000 MCSEs nationwide.
    MCSEs with three to nine years of experience have an
    average annual salary of $52,700.

    Q5. Are there any pre-requisites before starting MCSE
    training?

    Microsoft recommends that candidates have at least one
    year experience implementing and maintaining a network
    operating system in a typical medium to large
    organization, one year experience implementing and
    maintaining desktop operating systems, and one year
    experience designing network architectures. Microsoft
    Certified Professionals Magazine's 2000 Salary Survey
    found that the average MCSE candidate had 5.9 years for
    experience while the average MCSE + Internet candidate had
    7 years of experience.

    However, there are a number of courses available designed
    to help less advanced students get up to speed on
    Microsoft technologies and prepare for MCSE certification
    faster.

    Q6. Are there different tracks? What's happening to the
    MCSE+I Certification.

    Microsoft has indicated that the MCSE+I (Internet)
    certification is being phased out and it was not offered
    with the MCSE 2000 certification.

    Q7. How long does it take to prepare for MCSE
    certification?

    According to Microsoft Certified Professionals Magazine,
    the average candidate in 1999 spent 361 hours preparing
    for the MCSE exams and 364 preparing for the MCSE +
    Internet exams.

    Q8. How much does MCSE training cost?

    It depends on how you prepare for the exams and how much
    experience you already have. According to Microsoft
    Certified Professionals Magazine, the average candidate in
    1999 spent $6,714 preparing for their MCSE exams and
    $5,945 preparing for the MCSE + Internet exams.

    Q9. Do I have to take computer training to earn my MCSE
    certification?

    No, all you have to do is pass the exams. However, the
    exams are necessarily very difficult and most candidates,
    even those with extensive experience, find it helpful to
    attend classes to help prepare for the exams.

    Q10. What benefits does Microsoft offer for MCSEs?

    Microsoft offers a number of benefits to MCSEs,
    including use of the MCSE logo, discounts on software and
    training, and free access to additional online
    documentation and information. Please check with Microsoft
    for a list of current benefits.

    Q11. Can I upgrade/update my previous MCSE certification?

    Microsoft offers an accelerated path that allows a
    candidate to become certified by passing four exams rather
    then the 7 normally required.

    O.A.
    A+, N+, i-Net+, CCNP MCSE2003
    O.A., Aug 23, 2004

  2. O.A.

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "O.A." <> spewed in

    > Hi All,
    >
    > HelpFull

    > Q1. What is MCSE?
    >
    > MCSE is the premier Microsoft certification program and

    <stolenstuffsnipped>

    what's with the theft?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 23, 2004

  3. O.A.

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > babbling on and on again "O.A." <> spewed in
    >
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> HelpFull

    >> Q1. What is MCSE?
    >>
    >> MCSE is the premier Microsoft certification program and
    >>

    > <stolenstuffsnipped>
    >
    > what's with the theft?

    yeah you fuskin guy.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Aug 23, 2004
  4. O.A.

    Guest Guest

    Over Again

    ---

    >> Q1. What is MCSE?
    >>
    >> MCSE is the premier Microsoft certification program

    and

    ><stolenstuffsnipped>
    >
    >what's with the theft?
    >

    >--
    >Neil MCNGP #30
    >Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata

    descendum pantorum.

    >When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-who died

    peacefully in
    >his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his

    car.

    Guest, Aug 23, 2004
  5. O.A.

    Mitch S. Guest

    "O.A." <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    ><useless long winded crap snipped>
    > O.A.
    > A+, N+, i-Net+, CCNP MCSE2003

    Ongoing Aggravation?

    --
    Mitch S.
    MCSA, CCNA, A+, Net+
    Mitch S., Aug 23, 2004
  6. O.A.

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Mitch S." <> spewed in news:
    #:

    > "O.A." <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >><useless long winded crap snipped>
    >> O.A.
    >> A+, N+, i-Net+, CCNP MCSE2003
    >>

    > Ongoing Aggravation?

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 23, 2004
  7. O.A.

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 23, 2004 "Neil" blathered:

    > what's with the theft?

    He's adding it to his long list of accomplishments:
    Cheating, lying, and now stealing.

    --
    Tech "'What's next?' Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+
    TechGeekPro, Aug 23, 2004
  8. O.A.

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com> spewed in

    > Tech "'What's next?' Geek" Pro

    likely child molestation....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 23, 2004
  9. O.A.

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates, Aug 23, 2004
  10. O.A.

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 23, 2004 "Rowdy Yates" blathered:

    > Overeaters Anonymous

    More like, Overcheaters Anonymous.

    --
    Tech "Irate Geek" Pro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+
    TechGeekPro, Aug 24, 2004
  11. O.A.

    Tom Mark Guest

    do u know what is next?

    Tom Mark

    Tom Mark, Aug 24, 2004
  12. O.A.

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Tom Mark" <>
    spewed in news:c65d01c489fb$a1de3ef0$:

    > do u know what is next?

    well, for me, I think it will be a cup of coffee..my cups empty...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 24, 2004
  13. O.A.

    JaR Guest

    > babbling on and on again "Tom Mark"
    > <> spewed in
    >
    >> do u know what is next?

    > well, for me, I think it will be a cup of coffee..my cups empty...

    Oi! As long as you're up...

    Thanks.
    JaR, Aug 24, 2004
  14. O.A.

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again JaR <> spewed in

    > Oi! As long as you're up...

    what do you take...
    (ps, I hope you like it cold...cuase it will be by the time you get it)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 24, 2004