    --
    often imitated, never duplicated
    niq

    Dominique Feteau, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Dominique Feteau

    pheonix1t Guest

    Dominique Feteau wrote:
    > I'm working on my MCSE certification. I'm already MCP certified and I'm
    > studying for the SQL 70-028 exam. I want to do more software development,
    > maybe some web-based application development. Should I finish the MCSE or
    > should I just jump into learning programming languages and get certified in
    > those.
    >
    > lemme know.

    the 028 test is for sql 7....that's old already, due to be phased out
    very soon!
    If I were you, get the books for the .NET (VB and C#) and learn these
    instead. Also, learn Java, this is VERY important. (.NET is an attempt
    to copy the Java tech. and concepts but keeping it DEPENDANT on MS
    products....the complete opposite of Java's goal which is to be platform
    independant. Microsoft is the ONLY IT vendor that doesn't support Java,
    IBM, HP, SUN, BEA, Sybase, Oracle, etc, etc......Most if not all of the
    major IT vendors provide strong support for Java, Microsoft is the only
    one that doesn't do so - instead it came up with .NET in an attempt to
    keep and extend it's monopoly business practices).
    Scripting languages are also good to know.
    PHP on linux is very powerful and getting extremely popular, it gives
    ASP a run for it's money and its FREE! Macromedia's Coldfusion is also
    another very powerful platform to learn for doing systems integration
    and web application development. XML goes without saying....

    good luck,

    Oskar

    pheonix1t, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Dominique Feteau

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >instead it came up with .NET in an attempt to
    >keep and extend it's monopoly business practices

    Which is the goal of every company, to create a monopoly.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Dominique Feteau

    pheonix1t Guest

    Kline Sphere wrote:
    >>instead it came up with .NET in an attempt to
    >>keep and extend it's monopoly business practices

    > Which is the goal of every company, to create a monopoly.

    if that is the goal...then why do all the other vendors support Java?
    IBM is certainly big enough to have it's own application server, it's
    own databases, it's own hardware, it's own operating systems, etc. They
    could definately have made their own proprietary version of Java or
    something like it (that runs only on IBM products, like .NET for
    microsoft)...but they didn't! Neither did any of the other major IT
    vendors.
    The truth is .Net is a scam by Microsoft...but that is another topic for
    another day. If you're like the typical brain-dead microsoft drone, you
    won't question anything mickeysoft tells you...you believe every word
    they say. (Even though there are mountains of evidence to prove
    microsoft's word is worthless...for example, their "sponsored"
    benchmarks - these benchmarks are usually laughed at and aren't
    considered credible by most respectable journalists and labs)

    pheonix1t, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Dominique Feteau

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I'm not disagreeing with you. But I would not say dot net is a scam,
    it's just a way of marketing a different way to do the same think.

    BTW, I never understood why IBM never blew 'mickeysoft' out of the
    water in the early 90's. Microsoft back then produced [really] crap
    software, it was so bad, that had they [microsoft] been producing cars
    they would have been taken to the cleaners by the number of lawsuit's
    filed against them.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 4, 2003